Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege | Teen Ink

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

November 21, 2023
By 5krebs BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
5krebs BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

There are many video games to choose from in 2023, ranging from 2D games you play with a 2 button controller to playing games on a VR headset. One game I recently found out about was Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, which can be played on xbox or playstation and pc. This game came out in 2015, which is sort of new to the gaming world.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege or Seige for short is a multiplayer first person shooter game with its own unique gameplay. There are 2 teams, orange and blue, where one team is on attack and one team is on defense. Both teams have 5 players on them. The team that is on defense is inside a building and has to protect a site(room) inside. The attackers spawn outside and have to make their way in the building. They then have to figure out where the site is and plant a bomb on the site. Before every round you choose your operator you want to play. Every operator has its own unique abilities which are useful in different situations. It is first to 3 to win which would mean you could play a total of 5 rounds, unless you're ranked them it is first to 5 unless your team gets to 3 and is up by at least 2.

I have been playing this game for about a year now and it has its ups and downs. I found it frustrating how hard it was to level up. You level up by playing the game a lot and  You get a little xp from every game you play.  Leveling up allows you to play game modes like ranked. I couldn’t play ranked for a while since I was too low level ; all my friends wanted to play ranked but I couldn’t so I had to play by myself.When I finally got to level 50, which was the level I could start to play ranked at, the idea of getting a higher rank was all I wanted so I would play lots of ranked games by myself and with friends. I may have lost a few games which was frustrating like any game but when I won games and ranked up it felt great. 

After about 6 months of playing the game I got better and it was really fun especially if you were playing with friends. Playing with friends allows you to talk to them and do certain strategies by communicating with each other. 

Some more problems that I ran into when I played the game were called xim players. Xim is something that you plug into your console (if it is xbox or playstation) and it allows you to play on computer in console lobbies. This is unfair and frustrating to go against because aiming on a pc is easier and better since you can use your whole arm to aim when with a controller you only use your fingers. 

Overall I enjoyed this game a lot but it is not my favorite. It is a very fun game to play with friends but it gets boring when you're playing by yourself unless you are newer to the game. The graphics are okay and the gameplay is very unique which I like a lot. The only thing that ruins the game for me is the bugs and cheaters, but overall I would give the game a 9/10.