Reviews and Recreation | Teen Ink

Reviews and Recreation

By mariadonan BRONZE, Hemet, California
mariadonan BRONZE, Hemet, California

Reviews and Recreation

Parks and Recreation shows the journey of a powerful and kind woman, Leslie Knope, and her crew full of unique personalities who attempt to make their community a better place. Leslie Knope is played by none other than Ms. Amy Poehler. However, she is not the only character played by a famous actor, many of her park crew member are very well known in Hollywood. Chris Pratt, Aziz Ansari, Aubrey Plaza, and Rob Lowe also play significant roles in the town of Pawnee, Indiana. This show is shot with zoom ins, direct cuts to the characters, and voice overs giving the effect of a reality show. Although this show was created over ten years ago, it is still an amazing comedy show to sit down and enjoy.  Character development, romantic relationships, and even a cameo appearance from the previous Vice President of America, Joe Biden, can all be seen in the journey of Pawnee citizens.

Leslie Knope’s goal is to create a park for the children of her town. While watching this show it is clear to see the people of Pawnee are odd, it is not your average city, which makes it extremely hard for Knope to achieve her goal. Not only are the citizens of her town not cooperative, but the members of her crew do not seem to share the same values in the beginning. Throughout the show we begin to notice settle change in the characters while still experiencing some of the hilarious, dry humor given off. For example, one main character we see change throughout is Tom Haverford, played by Aziz Ansari.  In the beginning, Tom attempts every way possible to become a businessman, he even starts his own entertainment company, entertainment 720 with his best friend Jean-Ralphio. It is not a surprise to many that it completely flunked and almost caused them to go into debt. However, gradually he begins to learn and grow tips and tricks from his fellow employees such as Ron Swanson. Overall, it is very obvious to see how the characters begin to develop and grow with one another.

All in all, this show is a great way to sit  down and have a good laugh with your family. While some jokes are not the most child-friendly it would be a fun show to watch with your older kids. The characters are all very, very different but it is a nice contrast between every character.  I would ten out of ten reccomend you would binge watch this show when you need a good .

I enjoy watching Parks And Recreation when I need a good laugh. I would 10 out of 10 reccomend this show to anyone. The characters are all very odd yet very relatable and have a great sense of humor.