Fahrenheit 451 | Teen Ink

Fahrenheit 451

June 9, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

 Fahrenheit 451 is a movie based off of the book, Fahrenheit 451, and is about a futuristic world where books are burned. Because the government wants to ensure that everyone is equal, books are being treated as evil objects and are burned. Most of the population has never even seen a book. However, one of the top firefighters (in this future, firefighters burn books, and don't put out the fires) in the world starts to question why he burns these books and does what he does. As some of his childhood memories begin to come back to him, he learns that something isn't adding up. Someone or some people are lying, and these firefighter has a need to find out why, but the truth may be devastating.

 Michael B. Jordan, as the protagonist, plays it very well and does a phenomenal job. The movie has great visual effects, a good plot line, and a decent ending. Although some questions are not answered at the end, most things are answered. The movie is decent, but not out-of-worldly. However, it is a good mystery/science fiction movie to watch, but not an absolute must-see. 


The author's comments:

The movie is based off of the book Fahrenheit 451.