Clueless | Teen Ink

Clueless

March 28, 2008
By Anonymous

Many people fail their first driver’s test, but is it because they’ve driven on the wrong side of the road, scraped a parked car, or nearly run over a bicyclist? If they’re Cher Horowitz (Alicia Silverstone), the answer is yes. This is one of the many classic teen traumas covered in Clueless. Hilarious dialogue and great actors, including Stacey Dash, Brittany Murphy, Donald Faison and Breckin Meyer, make this movie a hit.

Cher and her best friend, Dionne (Stacey Dash), cruise around in her Jeep Wrangler in sunny CA, mostly on the wrong side of the road, convinced that two learners’ permits equal a license. New girl Tai (Brittany Murphy) is taken under their wing as they try to dress, instruct, and match her up with a popular boy. This isn’t the only matchmaking Cher dabbles in either. She also cleverly maneuvers a teachers’ hookup to raise a grade on her report card.

Silverstone’s acting is what truly elevates this movie from being just another teen flick. Dan Hedaya, her on-screen father, also does an outstanding job in the role of a typical big shot lawyer. If nothing else draws you in, see Clueless for Cher’s amazing house and eclectic wardrobe.