To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee | Teen Ink

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

By FromTheHeart14 PLATINUM, Roswell, Georgia
FromTheHeart14 PLATINUM, Roswell, Georgia

"Everything happens for a reason."

To Kill a Mockingbird was a great story. Harper Lee created such big circumstances in such a small town of Maycomb. The movie was created not much long afterwards because of how great a story it was. The story had a great story that was shown in both versions fantastically. I believe that we should focus on studying the movie over the book for a few reasons in particular.

In the movie, Scout’s character is portrayed perfectly by actress Mary Badham. We get a real picture of who Scout really was and is throughout the book, yet in a more lifelike way. In t5he book, we get two points of view from Scout; the older version and the younger version. Each one is helpful; however in the movie we get a better idea of Scout because we can form our own point of view, along with having Scout’s.
The movie also has a more objective point of view. We really get a good look at the Tom Robinson case, whereas in the book we only get to hear Scout’s version. There are also a lot less characters to distract you from the main plot and storyline of what is happening and how everything leads up to the main conclusion.
The composition of the book is also more in depth. It acts like a collection of short stories that in the end all together. The stories get you off topic from the main points of the story, which are Boo Radley and the Tom Robinson case. In the movie, it sticks to adding more of the important scenes that completely relate to the ending. It stays clear of the bumps in the roads that will slow you down.
Overall, I believe that the movie is a better choice to study. It is less time consuming, and completely lets you be the author of the story, along with keeping Harper Lee’s ideas clear and her points made. I strongly believe that the movie is a better choice to study over the movie.

I read this book as a school assignment, and we had to write a piece about whether we preferred the book or movie, and which one would be a better choice to study.