First Date by R.L. Stine | Teen Ink

First Date by R.L. Stine

April 9, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

This story, First Date is one of the series of the Fear Street Mysteries. The author, R.L.Stine, writes this book for young teenagers. He leaves creepy and suspicious thoughts in your mind as you read the book. This makes you keep reading the book until it finishes. In one sitting! First Date is about a shy girl named Chelsea having to choose between two guys, Joe Hodge and Tim Sparks, who asked her out. Unfortunately, Joe (who changed his name later to Will) is a misogynist; he hates women! I think that is very weird. He kills his dates because he thinks they have to die. Girls have to die. On the other hand, Tim sparks is just a simple person who did not finish his schooling. The problem is, he drinks a lot and then he disturbs Chelsea. Once Chelsea heard that the police were looking for a criminal in town, and she thinks Tim Sparks is the criminal. Therefore, she reports Tim to the police.



Throughout the story, Will (Joe) when he dated Chelsea, tries to kill her but he fails. My favorite scene is one night when Will is in her house when her parents were away. As Chelsea was calling Nina, her best friend to come over too, she realizes that Will is the criminal not Tim! When Will finds out that Chelsea knows about him, he chases her on the road and strangles her to death. Just in the nick of time, Nina comes over and realizes that Will wants to kill her too. However, when Will is aiming to kill her, Chelsea pops into the scene almost like a ghost, but she is alive! As Will is staring at Chelsea in shock, the police broke into the house as she expected. Moreover, for their surprise, Will was actually admitting his guilt. Now, imagine how stunned he was! Finally, Chelsea ends up going on a date with Tim Sparks, her other boyfriend.



This book is such a creepy and suspenseful book that it made me feel fear running through my spine. All the scenes were so excellently described that you could picture yourself in the scenes-alarmed, shocked, dying, and afraid of your self. However, remember that Fear Street does not have a happy ending. At night, you hear strange voices, sounds, and screams and suddenly someone dies! This book and all the other Fear Street Series are the keys to your worst nightmares. It has scary features interspersed with romance.



I think every one should read this book, every single teenager in the world, because it really impresses me, how it scares me until the story is finished! Everyone who is looking for fun with their nightmares must read it!