The Hero from My Dreams | Teen Ink

The Hero from My Dreams

Eric; a sandy blonde, mystical blue eyed, sweet, 18 year old boy. With his future set and love on his side, he continues to impress everyone. Standing square shouldered, six feet tall and weighing 145 lbs, he is lanky for an eighteen year old. Always rosy cheeked and walking with a friendly smile, he never fails to charm the ladies.
A mommas boy it seems, as he is willing to do anything to keep her happy. His mother is ridiculous protective due to his past and her past experiences which is all understandable. Any girl's parents would be proud of their daughter for choosing such a fine man to bring home. The sweet smile and lovely voice ought to have any women in his grip.He has chosen to serve his country and fight for our freedom which shows in another way how much he cares for others.  One would say he is a role model to many, which is undoubtedly true. As a young boy, most of his life was lived in fear. Moving from family to family always feeling like an outcast, unaccepted. Eric has been neglected and abused in unimaginable ways which makes him even more special. Moved around year after year until he was upon the age of six, just to be moved again from base to base.

A drifter in the crowd, he feels as if he doesn't belong in the world. He wants nothing but the best for everyone even if it means leaving his own happiness behind. The crinkles by his eyes everytime he smiles but, the fear in his eyes when a man raises his hand to a women. Using his past to fuel his future, nothing will bring him down. He is so very well respected that one has nothing bad to say about this amazing human. Surrounded by the light of the heavens but, with the darkness not far behind, everyday is a struggle that he survives.

His glasses, rarely worn, look amazing on him even if he feels they don´t. Although he looks dorky in jeans, at the end of the day he is still the same guy, fighting for his life like it is nobody's business. The slight slur or stutter in his words every once in a great while gets me every time. He knows everything about me and respects it all. Words could not possibly describe how polite he is, the Queen would be speechless. His cool and casual style is simple yet amazing. Let's not forget about Eric's smell, that is a whole another story. It´s a smell you would want to always be surrounded by, it is amazing. Amazing doesn't even describe it, it's just an incredible smell.

He´s becoming lost, I can sense it. He´s very distant but, I understand.  Depression is a problem that he has faced and I refuse to let him face it alone ever again. He isn't worried about what may happen the next day, he is more focused on the moment occurring in the present. He is the kind of guy you talk to at least once, get attached too fast and then has a hard downfall. The first girl he had a real relationship with cheated and left him. He tried to make it seem like he doesn't care but, he really does. His pain is constant and the people who surround him beg to be able to take it away. His eyes scream for happiness but, his body signals he has already given up.

An amazing but deeply troubled specimen with incredible talents and a humongous heart. He absolutely hates all forms of assault and loves the colors green and blue. He is qutie literally the light in the dark, Eric is what everyone wants but few are allowed to experience. If one may, cherish it and every moment spent, never let go because this person, this is the kind of person everyone should look up to. With his sassy moments and then the cute nerdy ones, who wouldn't want an Eric in their life. He expects everyone to be fully honest with him and he shall do the same in return. If you hurt him, expect him to never look at you the same, he is fragile inside and hides it with a tough exterior. Mothers would be amazed at how he turned out and majorly proud. He can not stand his handwriting because it looks ¨girly¨ but every damn time I see it I fall harder. Who knew perfect people like Eric still existed in this world.

He is number one in many hearts and a leader in so many others. Maybe one day he can face his past and use it to make him a billion times wiser. I know I can never live up to the expectations everyone has for him, but that's ok. No one is meant to be alike and some are more special than others. Eric… Eric is everything you would want wrapped up into a perfect human with many flaws.  I only want to change one thing about him and that is take away all his pain but, then he wouldn´t be the amazing person he is today.

I met this guy and he is an amzing person with a rough past and he really inspired me to right this paper. He leaves for basic soon and I plan to give this paper to him as a present.