Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess | Teen Ink

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

February 17, 2009
By Edwin Castillo BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Edwin Castillo BRONZE, Houston, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Hello to all the readers out there! The game I will be reviewing today is Legend of Zelda; Twilight Princess! If you've played a Legend of Zelda game and you liked it, go pick up a copy of this game and, if you already don't have a Wii, get one too. If this is the first time you've even heard of this franchise and want to learn to love it as much as I do, keep reading.

Here's a summary of the game without giving away any secrets of the twist and turns in the story. Link, your player, a teen and the hero of this game, works at a farm herding goats in the small village of Ordon Village. When his friends are kidnapped by Orcs, he follows them only to be knocked out before he could do anything. When he awakens, he finds himself in a jail cell with an imp named Midna. She tells Link that they are in an alternate dimension named Twilight and that whenever Link goes into the twilight realm, he will turn into a wolf. They try to save the land of Hyrule, (the setting of the game), from being engulfed by the Twilight, save Princess Zelda and defeat Zant, the self-proclaimed king of the Twilight realm, along with the person who brought him to power. To save Hyrule, you must go through temples to defeat the beast inside that is emitting the Twilight in that area where the temple is. Along with destroying the beast, you get rewarded with gadgets that help you progress through the game and with a bigger life point capacity so you can withstand more damage without dying. If you were to play this game non-stop, this game would keep you awake for at least two entire days or even more!

Let's face it; The Nintendo Wii was not made to show beautiful graphics, but this game shows the Wii is capable of doing so. The graphics are great for this type of game! It shows that games really do push the gaming hardware to its breaking point! These graphics give it a realistic, animated look to it so it works for the cartoonish gameplay and unrealistic action sequences that are there throughout the game. Unlike many of its predecessors, this game when it comes to graphics has no sharp corners visible, so in other words, everything is smooth. If you were to stand and just look around in the Hyrule Roaming Grounds, you'll be able to appreciate the beauty of the view along with the music that's playing in the background. Have I convinced you yet? If not, go to the next paragraph.

Three good aspects I have got to point out has to be the length, the puzzles and Midna, one of the characters in the game. First, I will start with Midna. Zelda games are known not to include voice acting but they took a chance with Midna.
She speaks but it's a made up gibberish language. Even though it's fake, it was exciting to see that on a Zelda game. Puzzles are in every temple you go to, and you need to solve them so you can advance throughout the temple. Sounds easy, right? WRONG! This game is no different from any other game from the series when it comes to difficulty. You need to use your brain in this game because if you don't, you've lost even before you pick up the controller. The length was not cut down for anybody. This game will take you around 48-53 hours of gameplay to finish the story and the side-quests.

This game is not as groundbreaking as one of its predecessors, (Legend of Zelda; Ocarina of Time), but that won't stop me from admitting that this game is still great and fun. I loved every second I used playing this game. I give this game the title of "must-own game for all Wii owners out there". Go get this game, (and a Wii if you don't own one), out of my recommendation. Now, go buy it then play it! What are you waiting for!? Stop reading this! GO NOW!!!