Space Jam | Teen Ink

Space Jam MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

“Space Jam,” directed by Joe Pytka, is an incredible viewing experience offering a unique combination of fast-paced action and outrageous comedy.

This movie includes famous people from two worlds. One is retired Hall of Famer Michael Jordan. Here's a clue that might help you guess who the other main character is: “What's up, Doc?”

Yes, it's Bugs Bunny.

This thrilling movie begins with a young Michael Jordan dreaming of becoming a pro basketball player. Later, he pursues his dream and at the same time follows another passion: playing baseball. ­Because he is a Hall of Fame ­basketball player, he is welcomed into the baseball community. Jordan is also an excellent golfer. While golfing, MJ is kidnapped by the Looney Tunes, who need his help. This is funny because of the intense battle of MJ and the Looney Tunes versus the Nerdlucks.

The battle may seem like David and Goliath, only who's David? Watch and prepare to be shocked.

Three aspects of this movie are great. The story is filmed both as an animation and live-action, so it is enjoyable for all ages. It is produced perfectly. It never feels like you are watching two separate movies. It is very cool to view the cartoon characters in our world and at the same time see MJ in an ­animated one.

Another reason “Space Jam” works so well is that it combines sports and cartoons. For instance, Jordan extends his arm 30 feet to the basket with the enlarged Nerdlucks holding him down. Exciting scenes on the basketball court add a touch of reality to the movie.

The third aspect that adds to its success is its appeal to all ages. With kid humor and adult dialogue, “Space Jam” became an instant success. Other famous actors appear in guest spots.

“Space Jam” earns high marks because of its technical greatness. I am convinced that kids will love it and adults will find the Daffy Duck in them as well.

PurpOreos SILVER, Macomb, Michigan

Keep smiling...Because life is a beautiful thing. And there is so much to smile about!
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" Benjamin Franklin

Okay I love this movie! I actually watched this is elementary school when it was raining outside. This movie put a smile on my face. Your review of it is genius. If I haven't seen this movie your sure would have made me want to watch it. Thank You!

Wolfen said...
Wolfen, Prineville, Oregon
Two of my favriot things MJ and loony tunes! 

AnonyMOUSE BRONZE, Canon City, Colorado
I love this movie! I used to watch it everyday when I was little. lol

GreenDayFan SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

"Every story has an end, but in life, every ending is just a new beginning."
-Uptown Girls

lol

Clayton Campbell, Louisville, Kentucky
Best movie ever

EdwardS SILVER said...
EdwardS SILVER, Woodstock, Virginia

"Put a piece on the floor, for your dead homies" -Derek C.

Michael Jordan was good for a first timer and Bill Murray is legit

Xavier Stampley, Fisherville, Kentucky
i<3 this movie its relli good nd mj is a beast

I have always loved this movie!!! It was so good the first time that I watched it and I'm a soon to be sophomore in high school and I will still watch it. It is funny for all ages!!