Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy | Teen Ink

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

August 23, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

 Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy revolves around an anchorman named Ron Burgundy, who's famous for what he does and is a bit of a goof ball. Ron Burgundy enjoys living the life of a proud anchorman, and he's famous in San Diego for his work. When an attractive woman joins his news station, things start to go sour. At first, Ron falls in love with reporter Veronica Corningstone, but when Veronica gets the opportunity to be on camera, and she outshines Ron, things get nasty. The fact that Veronica took his place on his news station upsets Burgundy. During the time this movie takes place,  the 1970s, women weren't on the television and having them outshine a lead anchorman was unheard of, resulting in Ron trying his hardest to get rid of her. 
 However, Veronica soon decides to fight fire with fire, and she ends up succeeding with her goal; Ron Burgundy becomes despised by the people of San Diego and gets kicked off of his position. But when a crazy story breaks out at the San Diego Zoo, Ron has an opportunity to set his career right, as well as his love life. 
 Although parts of the movie are predictable, the movie is a pretty good comedy, and there are a few parts that feel inspired. The ending of the movie is a little dumb and predictable, but part of it is heartfelt. The cast of the movie is impressive and gathers together a group of fun actors that shine as comedians. Even though, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy isn't perfect or the greatest comedy, it is still a solid movie with a good plot. 


The author's comments:

Even though, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy isn't perfect or the greatest comedy, it is still a solid movie with a good plot.