Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over | Teen Ink

Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over is the third movie in the "Spy Kids" series and is filled with some of the most extreme highs and lows. Juni Cortez is forced to face his biggest challenge yet. When an evil mastermind captures his sister, Juni must enter a virtual reality environment that is similar to the likes of a video game. Juni must reach "Level 5" in order to save his sister, but the task proves to be daunting. 

Although the movie is genius and appeals to anyone and everyone who has ever played a video game, the ending is just ridiculous. It cannot be stated enough how dumb the ending was; a kindegarten could have come up with a more creative ending that made more sense. It is really bad. With that said, it should be noted that the visual effects are good and the idea of the film is clearly the only thing keeping this movie from being a complete disaster. Who hasn't wanted to actually be in a video game? 

As good as the idea of the movie is, it is unable to carry this entire movie; even though, it ends up carrying the movie on its back as far as it did. If you make it to the ending, it might be worth finishing up the movie, just to see how bad it is. If you don't make it to the ending, it is completely understood. Granted, the first part of the movie is decent, so it is worth watching, but the ending is beyond horrible. It almost hurts the eyes to continue watching. And endings are the best parts of movies, so it is easy to say that this movie is the worst in the series, so far, and is a complete disappointment.