Bee Movie, Kite Runner and National Treasure | Teen Ink

Bee Movie, Kite Runner and National Treasure

The Most Buzzed About New Movie Releases

With Christmas break coming around the corner there is no better time to go see a few movies with friends and family. From light hearted Pixar flicks to emotional heartwarming stories, we have our three best new movie picks covered for you. Don’t worry about wasting ten dollars on a movie ticket; there is a movie for everyone.

Bee Movie is a Pixar release which usually spells out success. The all-star cast won’t hurt ticket sales either. Bee Movie was created by Seinfeld actor Jerry Seinfeld. It is a comedy which will make you rethink all that you know about the secret life of bees. The main bee is Barry B. Benson, who is played by Seinfeld, a recent college graduate who rethinks the common career path of his fellow bees. Every bee has a career awaiting him or her at the central honey making center, Honex. Barry is not like the other bees and decides to take a flight of faith and leave the hive. His journey is filled with adventures, (who knew windshield washers were so dangerous?) and new friends. He breaks a major rule of beedom and not only talks to a human, but befriends one as well. This human is a New York City florist named Vanessa, who is played by Renee Zellweger. Barry then finds an earthshaking discovery; honey can be purchased right off the grocery store shelf. This unbearable fact affects Barry so much that he decides he must stop this practice. Barry realizes that suing the human race for stealing precious honey is what he is made to do. Sometimes a bees got to do what a bees got to do. Starring Jerry Seinfeld, Renee Zellweger, Matthew Broderick, and Chris Rock. Rated PG opens November 2nd

The Kite Runner is a bestselling novel by Khaled Hosseini. Paramount Vantage saw this golden opportunity and decided to turn it into a movie. The stars of this movie, local Afghanistan boys, are not well known but the story is a definite showstopper. Amir and Hassan are the main characters who open the movie. Their friendship starts when they are young boys but fades away when Amir must leave the country for America with his father. Time passes and successful Amir marries, and his father dies. He gets a call which tells him Hassan has died but Hassan’s abandoned young son is now living in an orphanage. Amir decides to risk his life by traveling to dangerous Kabul to rescue the boy and bring him to America. The action which takes place is intense but it will leave you thinking about the importance of friendship and love. Although drama has surrounded the movie since production started because of a controversial scene the movie is not suitable for young viewers. Rated PG 13 Opens in limited release Dec 14 and wide release in January

National Treasure: Book of Secrets is a sequel to the extremely popular 2004 movie, National Treasure. Jerry Bruckheimer produces the multi faceted story. Benjamin Franklin Gates, the main character, (played by Nicolas Cage) wants to clear his family’s name after he finds out that his great grandfather helped plan the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. The only book that has the information he needs is the President’s “book of secrets.” This book contains information about every historic event including the JFK conspiracy and Area 51 and the only way he can see it is if he kidnaps the president. Clues lead him to a major discovery which the world “Isn’t ready to believe.” The action filled flick will have something for everyone. Also the locations that appear in the film should not be overlooked. They include: The United States Capitol, Mount Rushmore, Buckingham Palace, Mount Vernon and Area 51. Rating is undetermined, opens December 21st

mamaingala said...
Great reviews, but Bee Movie was not produced by Pixar Films; rather by Dreamworks Animation.