In the Road by Cormac McCarthy | Teen Ink

In the Road by Cormac McCarthy

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

I had many thoughts on the book, “The Road.” The book as an average I thought was, on a scale to ten probably a five write around the average range. Some parts I thought would start getting good done not; it kind of disappointed me in away. So everything it started to kind of get exciting, it changed and quickly slowed down the excitement. So I kept thinking it would get better, but as I went on they only kept walking down the road looking around exploring, so I thought it was pretty boring. Also they did a bad job of describing to, they did not even say the characters names or talk about there families or history. Also what kind of topic evolves walking down the road in the middle of nowhere while everyone also is dead? The positive part of the book, “The Road,” that makes it around a five out of ten, is how the father-son relationship, they team together to help each other survive from what they don't know is coming. Also the father son team managed to survive by finding food, water, and other necessities to survive. The further south the colder so they needed to find a warm place and survive, so some parts of the book are realistic, but I thought most were not. Those are my thoughts on the book, “The Road.” I did not think it was the greatest book I've read, but not the worst.