Tips on Having a Gay (ex) Boyfriend, By Carrie Jones | Teen Ink

Tips on Having a Gay (ex) Boyfriend, By Carrie Jones

March 27, 2008
By Anonymous

What would you do if you found out that your “perfect” boyfriend of two years turned out to be gay? Well that’s what happened to Belle Philbrick in “Tips on Having a Gay (ex) Boyfriend,” by Carrie Jones. When Daylon, Belle’s first love, says Goodbye Belle, and Hello Bob, everybody in small town Eastbrook knows. Now Belle feels like she doesn’t know who anybody is any more—including herself. When old crush Tom Tanner comes back into her life, comforts her and helps her out, she realizes that not everyone is who they seem to be. But now most of all can she accept Daylon and go back to the way things were before? At first I thought that I wouldn’t like it, but it turns out that I was wrong. I think this book is fabulous. Sure by reading the title you may not think so, but once you get immersed in this book it’s hard to put it down. It is truthful, clear and kept me interested till the last page. I think that Carrie Jones’ point is accepting people for who they are and not to make yourself something you’re not. You must be true to yourself.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.