The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Percy Jackson isn't a normal boy. He's a student with dyslexia and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). Percy is also half-god. To make matters worse his father abandoned him when he was too young to remember.

After World-War 2, the Gods made a promise not to have any more children with mortals. Percy wasn't even supposed to be born.

When the god, Zeus' lightning bolt is stolen, Percy is prime suspect.
With most Gods against him, Percy is not sure what to do.

Now, Percy is accused of stealing a lightning bolt and Mount Olympus is on the verge of war. To stop the greatest war in history, Percy and his friends must embark on a perilous quest to retrieve a stolen lightning bolt, decipher a riddle from the Oracle, and fail to save what matters most in the end.

In this humorous blend of myth and modern, Rick Riordan crafts this fantasy book in a way that will not let you put in down. It has a great thrilling plot, followed by fabulous word choice, and descriptive language throughout the book. This book is just about the best. It is amazing and you will find yourself reading hours on end!

** The Lightning Thief is the first book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. For another remarkable book, be sure to read the Sea of Monsters, the second book in this series also by Rick Riordan.

SoSammieWhatsUP BRONZE, East Stroundburg, Pennsylvania

"If you born poor it is not your fault, but if you die poor it is your fault." Bill Gates

this quote is not how it appears, it is about coming from nothing and making something of yourself.

lol good job :)

BieberFever20 BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama

NOW WHO TOLD PEOPLE I LIKED SPINACH?

i have to say...this was the most horrible review...IM JUST KIDDIN'...but no seriously this was a great review...Good Job!