The Plague | Teen Ink

The Plague MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

The Plague is one of my favorite books. Albert Camus creates an easy-to-read narration telling of a city's experience with a mortal disease.

The city is vaguely located in a small port in South Africa. One day, rats suddenly appear in the streets in enormous groups and start dying. This carries the disease to humans, and the plague spreads fast, bringing danger and death to the community.

Camus, from his existentialist point of view, creates a parable that shows humans' approach to death, and the role in which man should find his total development not only in society but also in personal ambitions.

The central character, Doctor Rieux, personifies the clear mind of the society fighting disaster. He is full of passion and social commitment. This book is accessible to all types of readers, but we cannot forget that it is written from an existentialist perspective. Therefore, it is recommended that the reader have at least a general idea of this philosophy.

i love this !

CJ said...
I like how they tell about not just say it makes great detailed like the disThe city is vaguely located in a small port in South Africa. One day, rats suddenly appear in the streets in enormous groups and start dying. This carries the disease to humans, and the plague spreads fast, bringing danger and death to the communityease