Texas Girl | Teen Ink

Texas Girl

By Kparker27 PLATINUM, Groesbeck, Texas
Kparker27 PLATINUM, Groesbeck, Texas

"In the end, it's still best to wait for the one we want rather than settle for what's available. It's still best to wait for the one you love rather than to settle for the one who's around. It's still best to wait for the right person, because life's too short to waste on the wrong one."

(Verse 1)
I am like a wild mustang. / I live young, wild and free. / Here we talk slang, / and party past three. / I live my life on the edge and, / yet I still believe in fairy tales. / I play the guitar in a country band, / and I like to jump across onto hay bales. /

(Chorus)
I’m a small town country girl, / who thinks scars are her trophies. / I’m a Texas girl, / and that’s the way I like it. / Campin’, fishin’, and huntin’, / now thats the way I do it. / I’m a Texas girl yall! / Yeah, I’m proud to be a Texas girl. /

(Verse 2)
If I’m not barefoot I’m wearing my boots. / We southern girls know how to make a spark, / when we party out in the pasture dancin’ with our boots, / and then endin’ up in the creek after dark. / I think about my Prince Charming, / and if I ever cross your mind. / I’m always singin’, dancin’, and partyin’. / I would just lie and say your not on my mind. /

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
In the summer I like pink lemonade, / and ridin’ my bike down dirt roads. / We have big pool parties that include fake grenades, / to scare the parents and if only we could turn them into toads. / I like shootin’ things and playin’ with fire, / ain’t nothin’ more fun that that! / I can change a tire, / now guys how do ya like that?! /

(Chorus)

(Verse 4)
As a little girl I was the most wild. / Finally I’m forced to face the truth and, / I think of my dad when he said that ‘life is hard and so is love child’. / Being a Texas Girl is worth a stand! /

(Chorus)

This is dedicated to all Texas Girls like me!! :) enjoy!