A letter to every guy I have ever loved | Teen Ink

A letter to every guy I have ever loved

December 17, 2016
By writinglikecrazy BRONZE, Moummouth Junction, New Jersey
writinglikecrazy BRONZE, Moummouth Junction, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 47 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you find a path with no obsteticals it probably leads you no where "~ Unknown


Dear Dad. Thanks for always being there for me. There were days where I absolutely hated you when you would scold me. You would yell at me telling me I could do better, and in the end you were right. Thanks for believing in me when no one else did. Most of all, thanks for the little things that inevitably taught me how a man should treat me.
Dear Alex. The first person I ever fell for. Well you were a dick. Your words were like sharp Kantanas piercing my skin. You’d blame me for your own unhappiness. You accused me of cheating because most of my friends are male. But deep inside you knew I was loyal, and worth your trust. You used me to dispel your anger. In the end you blamed me for our breakup, even though you were the one who broke my heart.
Dear Saif, my brother from another mother. Since we met at the age of 12, in a classroom over pita and chips, we became the anti-bigot team. You always take my height to your advantage, using me as an arm rest. The ultimate sass queen. Thanks for being by my side. Thanks for caring a lot about your Bolshevik.
Dear Kristophe. Where do I even begin with you? We go back many years of teasing each other through racial jokes, height advantages were you too used me as an arm rest. I still remember the lunch table were we met almost 7 years ago. Thanks for comforting me that morning when I broke down. Thanks for making French class more fun. Thanks for taking advantage of my weakness of being severely susceptible to laughing when being tickled. Thanks for everything valued bed test friend. Love you dork
Dear Connor. You piece of s***. When you came to me in need of comfort, I was there. When you needed someone to talk to, I was there. I ended up falling for you, HARD. You said you felt the same about me. F***ing liar, I was never your impossible girl. Just there until you’d find her. You did, and left. I admitted to my wrong doings following what you’ve done. But you too ripped my heart out, and to this day still blame everything on me. I can’t trust a guy I am into, or trust his words. I thought after Alex, you would help me trust again. You only made it worse. So screw you raggedy man.
Dear Dominic. Though we met online, I feel as if I have known you forever. Probably one of the most positive people I have known for being unable to move most of his body. Thanks for listening to my rambles, and laughing at my offensive jokes. Thanks for trusting me to edit your book. I hate you doofus, but you already knew that.
Dear Santos. Oh boy, you are my favorite Noob. Where do I even begin? All the pizzas we destroyed, and movies we watched. Thanks for being there for me when I needed it, and letting me annoy you with thousands of messages when you didn’t reply. Thanks for everything, and everything in between.
Dear the future guy where we both fall for each other. Please don’t hurt me. I may be an a**h***, but not the kind to harm. I am just like everyone else with broken hearts. Afraid to love and terrified to trust. I am not the easiest apple to pick. But you won’t regret it if you succeed. I promise to protect you, love you, and be there for you. Oh, and tease you at any chance I could.


The author's comments:

The guys in this poem are those I love Platonically, Romantically, and familal in the case of my father.