A love letter... | Teen Ink

A love letter...

November 30, 2009
By Anonymous

To God:
At this moment in my life, I can’t take it anymore. Why do teenagers have to be so mean? Why is it that the new kids always get stuck with the losers, and none of the normal people actually reach out to help? Honestly, if it’s the losers who are going to act like friends, then I’ll stick with them. I don’t want to hang out with those who don’t accept me, or reach out…. But really, deep inside I ache to be wanted. I wish for boys to notice me; but when they do, I screw it up. Right now, I can’t do anything right. I want to miraculously find a good friend at this lame school; somebody that I click with, and don’t have to act in front of. I want to be myself. Why is that so hard?
God, I want to be accepted, loved, and I want a friend that will be as good of a friend to me that I am to them. I want somebody I can rely on… wait a second…. THAT PERSON IS YOU! You accept me, love me, and care for me. Your love is unending, and unconditional. Jesus, you are with me always; you never leave me! When you love me, why is it so hard for me to love back? Help me to trust in you, and to be patient. And god: help me to find a friend.
I love you.


The author's comments:
I got home from school one day, and was angry. I randomely started typing out what I was feeling, and well... this evolved (: