A love letter... | Teen Ink

A love letter...

To God:
At this moment in my life, I can’t take it anymore. Why do teenagers have to be so mean? Why is it that the new kids always get stuck with the losers, and none of the normal people actually reach out to help? Honestly, if it’s the losers who are going to act like friends, then I’ll stick with them. I don’t want to hang out with those who don’t accept me, or reach out…. But really, deep inside I ache to be wanted. I wish for boys to notice me; but when they do, I screw it up. Right now, I can’t do anything right. I want to miraculously find a good friend at this lame school; somebody that I click with, and don’t have to act in front of. I want to be myself. Why is that so hard?
God, I want to be accepted, loved, and I want a friend that will be as good of a friend to me that I am to them. I want somebody I can rely on… wait a second…. THAT PERSON IS YOU! You accept me, love me, and care for me. Your love is unending, and unconditional. Jesus, you are with me always; you never leave me! When you love me, why is it so hard for me to love back? Help me to trust in you, and to be patient. And god: help me to find a friend.
I love you.

I got home from school one day, and was angry. I randomely started typing out what I was feeling, and well... this evolved (:

Kamana BRONZE said...
Kamana BRONZE, Carlisle, Pennsylvania

Everyone deserves to be loved, even if they can't find it in them to love themselves or anyone else for that matter.

I understand exactly what you're saying! When I switched schools I had no freinds, people were mean and perverted, and I felt all alone. But the thing was it made me hold onto God that much harder. I understand feeling like you can't match loving God the way he loves you because it's true. Nothing can beat the love of God. Just keeping walking in faith, reading his word, and reaching out to him. Isaiah 41:10 says, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strength you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand"

write4life GOLD, Macon, Georgia
This is really beautiful! It shows the raw emotion that you felt (and that I feel almost every day.) I know you probably hear this all the time, but you're definitely not alone! Tons of people feel the exact same way. Just remember that He is there when nobody else is; you don't need anyone else to complete you (although it's definitely nice to have people who understand you). and i know it's really hard to think about this when you're depressed, but be thankful that you and I know that we can always turn to God for anything; many people face struggles like this, but they think they have to go through it on their own. I hope you find someone you can trust and be yourself around! God bless you!