Fate or Control of Destiny | Teen Ink

Fate or Control of Destiny

January 30, 2008
By Anonymous

Many people belive in fate, and that thing happen for a reason. I am not one of those people. I am a person that believes that we control our own destiny. For example, if someone does not in high school then recieves bad grades and does not get into college they could say fate is not on their side. Really it is not fates fault that they did not get into college, it is that persons falut for not studying and not working hard. Therfore they are controlling their own destiny. In life, I believe, if you rely on fate all of your life it will get you nowhere but being a homeless person on the streets on New York City begging for change. On the other hand if you do not rely on fate to get you everywhere and you rely on yourslef and work hard in life, I think, most likely you will go places and become great. For example when I get older i want to go to Penn state and become a chef or a professional football player. I am not relying on fate to get me there and all I have to do is sit around all day and watch T.V. No I am going to work and work to achieve my goal and control my own destiny. In the end some people might agree with what I am saying and, I believe, most people will not. So if you work hard, study, and prctice you will control your own destiny and get where you want to go in life.