Fate or Control of Destiny | Teen Ink

Fate or Control of Destiny

Many people belive in fate, and that thing happen for a reason. I am not one of those people. I am a person that believes that we control our own destiny. For example, if someone does not in high school then recieves bad grades and does not get into college they could say fate is not on their side. Really it is not fates fault that they did not get into college, it is that persons falut for not studying and not working hard. Therfore they are controlling their own destiny. In life, I believe, if you rely on fate all of your life it will get you nowhere but being a homeless person on the streets on New York City begging for change. On the other hand if you do not rely on fate to get you everywhere and you rely on yourslef and work hard in life, I think, most likely you will go places and become great. For example when I get older i want to go to Penn state and become a chef or a professional football player. I am not relying on fate to get me there and all I have to do is sit around all day and watch T.V. No I am going to work and work to achieve my goal and control my own destiny. In the end some people might agree with what I am saying and, I believe, most people will not. So if you work hard, study, and prctice you will control your own destiny and get where you want to go in life.

ScarletCity PLATINUM, High Ridge, Missouri

Anything that can be done, can be undone. ~Scarlet City
http://eepurl.com/dcyZMn

"Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is that you were stupid and made bad decisions." Also, I believe that God is control of our futures, but we are also. i.e God can give us a opening in a college that was not our first choice and tell us to go there... but it's up to us to decide if we go or not.

mussu said...
ONE CAN DECIDE HIS OR HER OWN DESTINY.
A person just has to know how to control his or her own destiny i.e if you strive to do this yourself. If you just live your life expecting that everything will fall in your lap,you are wrong.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

"no proof that we make our own choices entirely..." Did I say that? "not guided by some form of higher power" That's very nonspecific. You might mean a god or gods, but to some this higher power would simply be nature (collective interaction of organisms that is controlled by natural forces).

The_Narrator SILVER, Raymond, Mississippi

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." -J.F.K.

In the same manner, there is no proof that we make our own choices entirely, not guided by some form of higher power. Look at both sides of the coin.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

There is no evidence to support that we are guided by fate or controlled. We can predict, and those predictions can become real, but predictions are based on the observation of patterns. Therefore we can make guesses as to how something will occur. But that does not prove it is all set in stone. Even weathermen, who have extremely advanced technology to predict the weather, cannot perfectly predict it more than two days in advance.

Contemplator SILVER, Lake Park, Minnesota

There is a rainbow in your mouth! Open it up and show the world.
This is just like ice cream without the cream.
I'm as stiff as a dried out twig in the middle of winter.
Who lit the forest fire; the match, or the man holding the match?

A person can disobey God more ways than that! There are atleast 9 other big ones. How do you what God tells you?

KayKay:-) said...
I don' believe in fate. God has a plan for the world and the people on it, but He does not force us to do what He wants. In the Bible, God picked several men throughout history to help Him and do what He plans to do, but they often disobey. God doesn't make you do right, but rewards you when you do and punishes you when you don't.

i agree and disagree. i think everythings pre destined as in god knows all. but i also believe that he dosnt force us to get somewhere. in the end well get there. but we have to make these choices. we have to work hard and challenge ourselves. thats the way it is

Dragonscribe BRONZE, West Lafayette, Indiana

"A Person's a Person no Matter how Small"
and
"A Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet"
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

Well, I believe things happen for a reason, but not that the world is pre-destined. I believe we were given free-will and we have responsibility for our actions. We may be guided by a higher power, but we control out lives for the better or for the worse.

MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

There are pirate ships and steam ships but the best ship of all is friendship.

You are right, fate isn't somethine to rely on all the time or even ever.  But I think that you are one sided almost.  Sure half or more of the homeless didn't try hard and succeed, but others worked and pushed and it still wasn't enough.   Yah fate isn't the best thing to mold your life around, but you can't say that every homeless person didn't try hard and every successful person worked hard in school.  I believe that you need to try hard but I know that plans backfire sometimes and you will be flat on your face if you don't pick yourself and brush yourself off.  Yes you need to control you life but that doesn't mean that you won't spin out.

GiSELA SILVER said...
GiSELA SILVER, Escondido, California

Life is about doing things people said you couldn't do.

You are completely right!! Fate will take us nowhere. Good article(: