What Happened? | Teen Ink

What Happened?

May 27, 2015
By cryforhelp95 GOLD, Nonw, Oregon
cryforhelp95 GOLD, Nonw, Oregon
18 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
You can be beautiful on the outside.. But if you have an ugly heart, you're ugly.


What has happened in the last ten years? 

Ten years ago children played outside, they screamed from games of tag and hide and seek. 

They came in with sun tans and dirt up to their chins because they played and acted like kids. 

They grew up to respectful and actually take pride in themselves and who they were. 

They didn't sit in a house all day playing Xbox, and playing video games. 

They had to be bathed two or three times a day because they always got dirty. 

They could tell you what it felt like to have the sun beating down on their faces and the wind whip through their hair. 

They could take an ordinary stick and turn it into a sword or a wand. 

You never had to worry about your kids being bullies in school, or being mean because they were taught different than that. 

Today we have people committing suicide over bullies, we have children playing video games for hours on end because they don't know any better. 

They think imagination is watching tv and playing video games. 

They think that playing is beating their friends at some dumb game that they have. 

Todays kids are not children. 

They are robots that follow the simple commands of the digital age.. 

What happened.