Social Networking.......Good or Bad? | Teen Ink

Social Networking.......Good or Bad?

By Quratulain BRONZE, Karachi, Other
Quratulain BRONZE, Karachi, Other

"Love is what is left in the relationship when selfishness has been taken out."

Social Networking-------Good or Bad?
Our world is moving very fast and it requires its individuals to run faster. Present era of science and technology has transformed the world into global village. With the advancement of science and technology communication media has also made great progress. Communication through the internet is common these days. Besides, social networking sites have also been introduced and they have gained great popularity in the last decade. These sites do help people in many things, however, these days the social networking sites are also contributing a lot in spoiling our youth.

Social Networking media is good as far as keeping in touch with people is concerned. But when people start misusing it then it becomes our worst enemy. Social Networking sites provide a platform for the people to be in touch with one another and share their views as well .But today we see that social networking sites are being greatly misused. People make fake accounts, add people, pass time and then leave them. While doing so they do not even realize that their small mistake can even cost somebody’s life. We often hear that after being cheated many of the victims become so depressed that they even try to take their lives while some of them decide to take revenge and for that they do things that cause great harm to others.

This whole cycle of cheating and being cheated is very dangerous as it only promotes negativity among individuals besides making them emotionally unstable. After having lost their trust once they are not able to restore it and in turn they tend to cheat others and make them lose their trust as well.

This thing must be stopped and the people who run these websites should take serious action against such people. Parents should also keep an eye on their children’s activities on these sites and should tell them the difference between black and white. By doing so this problem can be reduced to some extent which would probably help people.