Why don't I like BTS and their fan base army? | Teen Ink

Why don't I like BTS and their fan base army?

By Marian_de_Silva GOLD, Gampaha, Other
Marian_de_Silva GOLD, Gampaha, Other

“If this year has taught me anything, it's that grief can destroy a person.”

“Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.”

"Don't assume the answer is no before you ask the question."

(Disclaimer: This is my opinion. I am not being self-centric, so there is no hate but the most comprehensive respect for both BTS and the K-pop genre.)

As a person who has been listening to music since I was very young, I do not like BTS and their armies just because of their hype. In my opinion, fangirling or fanboying over a person or a group and believing that they saved your life is unquestionably fine. But, when the limit reaches its utmost level, they become so exasperating to other people who do not even hate or stan those idols. Most armies are so obsessed with BTS that they occasionally put themselves in the lowest position and tolerate their lives deteriorating to promote their superstars. It is ridiculous to see some fans use the surnames of their idols as their new patronymic. Some people were all nice and fine before they were BTS fans. But, after evolving into armies, their lives took a turn for the worse. Most of them have been brainwashed and are as crazy as loons. Honestly, this point is for all the people who stan any celebrity. Fans place greater trust in their idols' on-screen personalities. Do we even know them personally? Some of you might have met them. Nevertheless, getting to know someone takes a long time. The armies tell us that we are jealous of their idols. I mean, why should we? The armies cannot even take a joke. Formerly, I told one of my classmates not to be so obsessed with them because they would never ever come to her rescue if anything occurred in real life, and at the pace of light, she was so close to bashing me, and once the armies trolled the late-late show host James Corden. They are not even ready to accept the reality. I hope that most of you have seen the random comments in entirely diverse videos on YouTube that armies comment on, like, where are my armies at? I purple you!! What’s wrong with them? Armies are more like living, breathing BTS. Genuinely, I don't know how it feels to be the biggest fandom and the toxic fan base. They insult each other. Remarkably, BTS is not the only group that is indeed "talented". With the achievements of the band, fans think it is totally fine to look down on other famous bands around the world. They cause fan wars between different fandoms. I am also tired of the so-called "non-toxic" fans trying to defend their actions by saying "not all of us are like that" when most of the undesirable posts or messages get over a thousand likes. Most of these fan accounts usually go out of their way to trawl other bands or groups with no deceptive intention and always trend hashtags degrading other groups or bands. The armies think that they own the k-pop and k-drama industries. I have been a k-drama fan for almost 11 years. But the armies think it is important for the K-drama fans, who are not even fans of BTS, to become an army. Surviving without being an army member is more akin to enduring a devastating virus.
My mother is a teacher, and she told me that on one occasion, the mother of a student in her class came to her personally and told her about the BTS obsession of her 15-year-old daughter. That girl has turned so mean and aggressive. She urges that she needs to go to South Korea for her higher studies and then marry a boy who has the same looks as one of the members of the group. She convinces her parents to buy her BTS merchandise, including a bag and a poster. That mother was even more unhappy when her daughter informed her that she was planning to have plastic surgery to look like the women in South Korea. Dear fellow teens, your life does not depend on your outer beauty. Come to your senses. You are captivating. Do not try to change yourself internally and physically because you are a limited edition.
Finally, I do not prefer the style and the music type of BTS. Once, I tried listening to one of their songs, and by the start of the music, I was like, "No, this isn’t my type of music." because their songs are noisy with high beats and vocals. For the reason that the taste of music is different from person to person. Apart from that, they are wearing way too much makeup and jewellery, which makes me think that the music does not exist in styles that make anyone look flawless. I am not a fan of their music videos and dazzling outfits or their choreography.
To end this, I hope that everyone can appreciate their beauty first and let themselves shine without impersonating others. Moreover, keep yourself at a limit and put yourself first, but do not be heedless. Think about others too. I am pretty sure about the possible backlash from the army. Please note that this is my own opinion and I don’t hate BTS, but I do respect them as always.

Hi!! Thank you for your time in reading this. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here. Comment down below, what are your thoughts regarding this topic. If there are mistakes please be kind enough to point them out.

Love,

PowerPaws

Marian_de_Silva GOLD, Gampaha, Other

@Friesb4guys Thank you so much for your understanding! ♥️

Friesb4guys said...
Friesb4guys, Groveton, New Hampshire
As a BTS fan I can say that you are totally right. Those crazy fans ruining BTS to the point where it is tiring to even hear about them. I took a little break from BTS and the Fandom because of it. I enjoy the band a lot but other bands like NCT, Day6, Aespa, and DreamNote get bashed by ARMY when these groups are talented. Also you not liking BTS is your opinion and I respect that. Well said.

Marian_de_Silva GOLD, Gampaha, Other

Hello!! Thank you so much for your understanding and kind words, which means a lot to me! @Fath_Amna
Not to forget, @Afra Thank you dear bestie, for the support!!

Fath_Amna said...
Fath_Amna, Kandy, Other
I visit here through Afra's support . .I am really inspired by your words . You just nailed it! Sincerely , u convert all my mind voice in to those words as I am not a fan of BTS but I hate both BTS lovers and haters cause as you said that every thing mist have limit specially when it's comes to entertainment. I really respect them ! I Respect their skills & I respect them as one of our human being .
NO matter what happened ! you done it very well . Don't fade up over any hatred comments . 💯🌹

Marian_de_Silva GOLD, Gampaha, Other

Heyy!! I’m truly thankful to see that you have understood it and also thank you for the comment and means a lot!! ♥️ @afra

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

Very well-said, Marian!!! I give you a salute, bestie!!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Every word you said was absolutely true and to admit, I am not a fan of BTS either because of the same reasons you mentioned!!! You were really polite and reasonable while mentioning your opinion and I liked it very much...Be the amazing person you are!!!👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻