Going Gaga for Gaga | Teen Ink

Going Gaga for Gaga

By BroadwayBaby92 GOLD, Punta Gorda, Florida
BroadwayBaby92 GOLD, Punta Gorda, Florida

"Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore."
— Lady Gaga

The days of the disco stick are here as newly crowned pop icon, Lady Gaga is on her way to the top.
A talented singer, dancer, performance artist, and pianist, Lady Gaga, born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, learned how to play the piano by ear at age 4, wrote her first ballad by 13, and performed at her first club at 14. When she was 17, Gaga was accepted as an early admissions student to the prestigious NYU Tisch School of the Arts and now at age 23, she has reached international stardom.
Not only has her music inspired and affected others, but so has her fashion and theatrical stage performances. Each and every one of her appearances is different and slightly crazier than the last.
Flaming pianos, blood-pumping costumes (literally), elaborately embellished masks, and illuminated crystal wands are just everyday props and pieces used by the Haus of Gaga (Lady Gaga’s creative team).
It can be agreed that Lady Gaga is crazy, eccentric, daring, rebellious, and scandalous, to say the least. Yet, I can’t help but love every minute of the madness. Have I been entranced by “The Fame”, per say? It seems that my daily aspiration is to discover what outlandish, unexpected outfit Gaga is sporting today while Lovegame and Speechless are repeating over and over again in my head.
Never before have I been so fascinated by a single celebrity. As the saying goes, “What makes you different makes you special,” and Gaga truly fits the bill.
Not only can I claim to have viewed all Gaga-related videos on youtube, I can attest to the fact I often envy her elaborate, unique sense of style, wishing that I could pull off her eccentric looks in my small southern town and have it be socially acceptable. To be 100% true to yourself takes guts and Lady Gaga is spewing. Courageous could definitely be her middle name as it is more than evident that Lady Gaga is out to please herself and her fans, nobody else.
Her principles of love, art, creativity, and non-discrimination have attracted the likes of individuals of every race, gender, religion, country, and heritage. Her fans are what make her the popular rising pop icon she is today.
In her interviews, Gaga remains poised yet assertive when it comes to answering questions about her life and career. Her ideas and opinions are truly fascinating, completely conceptual, and unremarkably poignant, and surprising intellectual (a far cry from the average intelligence-challenged pop star).
Deafening screams echo from the massive audiences at her “Monster Ball” tour erupt through stadiums nation-wide as her fans cling to every lyric and sequin. Her audience participation encouragement only brings forth louder, more eardrum-shattering screams as her and her team of back- up dancers move to the beat with a 70’s style choreography only Gaga could get away with. With concerts selling out in a matter of minutes its best to say that today the U.S.A. tomorrow the world.
As my eyes remained glued to my computer and TV, awaiting the next unpredictable Gagatastic performance, I can only begin to imagine what the future holds for pop’s newest reining princess. Whatever it may be I’m sure we’ll all be screaming for more.

LizzyW. BRONZE said...
LizzyW. BRONZE, San Jose, California

"Think it, do it, write it."

I completely agree!!!  Nice job..Please check out my article about Lady Gaga called I do like Lady Gaga... thanks

Karlen. SILVER said...
Karlen. SILVER, Holmdel, New Jersey

"This is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten." -Natasha Beddingfield, 'Unwritten'

I have been, what I call 'Gaga4Gaga'... and shockingly u use the same slogan! Anyway, your article was great, and I hope than not only can I continue to be a Gaga, but so can you and the rest of her fans. Stay Gaga-Tastic, and I can't wait to read more of your work!!! :) ~Karlsss~ (:

Soccerlover2010 BRONZE, Springfield, Nebraska

"Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave."
~Rainer Maria Rilke~

That was a great article, and I agree Lady Gaga is not going anywhere soon. I also love how much courage she has, those outfits! Insane! But in a good way, I hope she keeps being herself throughout her career.

~Tay~

— Lady Gaga

Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I have a feeling she's not going away any time soon and her success is going to keep building and building! Thanks again for commenting! Much appreciated! : )

*BroadwayBaby92*

Star717 said...
Star717, Lansing, Michigan

When given ruled paper, write the other way

In the deepest hour of the night, confess to yourself that you would die if you were forbidden to write. And look inside your heart where the roots spread, the answer, must I write?

I really loved this article, it was fantastic! I love Lady Gaga and her music and also her eccentric personality. I hope that she has success in whatever she does next!