John Mayer | Teen Ink

John Mayer

By princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York

Those who reach for the stars should never forget the flowers that bloom at their feet.

In this century, there are many talented and gifted performers out there, everybody seems to be a triple threat these days. Now, mainstream artists have started book deals, clothing lines, perfumes and much more. One artist that hasn't gone down that path just yet is John Mayer. Mayer has stuck to his roots of singing soft powerful ballads, strumming his guitar along with his soothing raspy voice. He's inspired many with his honest lyrics, including myself. I have never really listened to soft rock before, much less John Mayer. The only thing that I knew about him was the fact that he was a tabloid magnet. One day, I was watching MTV and came across a song sung by him called “ Free Fallin'." The song sent chills through my veins and for once in a long time, I actually related. To most people, the song was probably considered too slow and the ballad was repeated over way too many times but to me, it was something special. That day, I not only found a new interest, but a lifelong choice in music. Now, I am a huge fan of John Mayer and the music that he produces makes me cherish him more and more. His music and lyrics are so authentic, just like himself. He has inspired me to be better, and that it's okay to make mistakes as long as we learn from them. He has taught me that life is not a perfect picture, but it will be if we paint it that way. I've only listened to John Mayer for about a year but I realized that sometimes when you take a chance, you may find more than you expect, free fallin' into the unknown.

faypirate23 DIAMOND, Fayetteville, West Virginia

Take the road less traveled by.

john mayer is the most talented artist right now hes my favorite he is just plain amazing ;D