Telling me something I already knew | Teen Ink

Telling me something I already knew

By Rosly BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Rosly BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
4 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe

When I was a kid I remember being very round in the tummy and being called fat and puggy and obese. But as I got older I began to slim down, now I bet you the reader are asking "why is she telling me her life story?". I was in class when two girls began to argue,one of them was pencil thin and the other was well rather round-ish. At one point it this bickering the pencil thin girl says," I don't even like your fat ass!", to the round girls demise evryone around her was oooing and omg-ing,even her bestfriends, totally embarrising. But she didn't attack the pencilesque girl but the class cracked a smile when she said "I have been fat since I can remember, You telling me that is nothing new it just means that your slow at noticing things like this!". A message for you pencil thin girls Round is hot and pencilesque is not!

FirstSteps5000 SILVER, Bethesda, Maryland

"If you reach for the stars, you'll just get the stars. Reach for the heavens and you get the stars thrown in." - unknown
"These aren't just stories,"... …"They're whole kingdoms. They're worlds. They're perspectives and opinions you can't offer, from lives you haven't lived." - The Isle of the Lost
"When someone does something hurtful, they have to admit it... [t]hen they have to be punished for it. And maybe then, if they apologize and change, maybe -maybe- *then* they get forgiven." - The One and Only Bob

Round *is* hot but so is pencilesque. We're all hot!

mirandaxgail said...
mirandaxgail, Gainesville, Florida

"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I understand what you're trying to say, but in regards to the last sentence, shaming skinny girls is equally as unfair as shaming bigger girls!

alexis ruiz said...
alexis ruiz, Woodbine, New Jersey
more power to yah!i totally agree

daughterofeve14 BRONZE, Adger, Alabama

You quit once, you'll quit again! -Tyler Austin Evans.

Im not pencil thin, but Im not round either. I dont judge people over weight. Actually, I try not to judge at all. Its about the inside not the out. And it seems like in this story the round girl seemed to be the better person, but its not like that in all situations. There can be some pretty mean round girls too. Looks has nothing to do with the way you act. 

Rosly BRONZE said...
Rosly BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
4 articles 1 photo 1 comment

— Marilyn Monroe

i wrote it thought it was funny so idgaf 

swcricket98 GOLD, Williamson, Georgia

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I don't think that you have any valid information to back up the fact that you think 'Round is hot and pencilesque is not!'. I, in fact, excercise frequently and have 'pencilesque' in my genes, but that does not mean that I am an awful person who criticizes people's weight.

swcricket98 GOLD, Williamson, Georgia

I agree with you, Wheat.

vickilovesu0227 SILVER, Bellefonte, Pennsylvania

"Love is giving someone the power to break your heart, but trusting them not to."

I am naturally "roundish" and when people who are, as you call it, penilesque, look at me, I know that they are thinking that I should lose a few pounds, but to be completely honest, I often times think that they could stand to gain a few pounds. All of my friends are skinny, and so is my family, but you just learn to fit in. You don't have to pretend to be something that you aren't. question-authority... I think that all weights are great, and I also think that what Rosly was trying to say is not that being skinny is bad, but that being heavy is not always bad either. It just depends on you, and who you are.

LaughsAlone said...
Well I don't think weight matters, the only thing that matters is being healthy, but that was really rude to people who are naturally skinny....

I am proud to be pencilesque and I have never once called someone "round-ish" a derogatory name referring to their weight. Weight discrimination works both ways. If you don't like being called fat, why would you turn around and say that being skinny is not hot? Does that make your weight any better? Does that make all thin girls ugly? How ridiculous that you expect to be treated fairly when you say that last sentence. What about something like, all weights are great? What about something that says you can be hot no matter if you're round or like a pencil?

i_love_pancakes SILVER, Lutz, Florida
Very clever, but Wheat_Wheat, this story is an opinion category...

toxic.monkey SILVER, Tashkent, Other

"Homo homini lupus"

agreed.

but the retort was clever :)

Wheat_Wheat said...
That seems very judemental of you. Not all thin girls are caddy! This seems sterotypical, and it just isn't right.