A Tree That Almost Ended My Life | Teen Ink

A Tree That Almost Ended My Life

By chuefaiP BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
chuefaiP BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

The night of the rain storm the sky is pitch black. The rain pours down hard on my greenish brown bamboo and grass house. I stood by the furnace on top of the attic wearing my brown sneaker and my worn out Power Ranger t-shirt I got for my birthday last year. Knowing that my parents are out farming I can pretty much do whatever I want. Then I hear thunder and see flashing light. Is that a storm?
Boom! Boom! The thunder roar and lightning struck down on my front yard, I sat by the curve where the top of the roof met which create an opening in the attic. After sitting there for a while I took a glance out outside at the pouring rain. It’s so dark I can’t even see outside but I looked anyways. I saw a chicken soak from the rain ran across the front yard toward a giant tree. When all of a sudden a rooster or a hen stop, I couldn’t tell. I took a closer look at what kind of a chicken it is and saw that it’s my favorite red with black stripe rooster. Tim my rooster tried to scramble away from the volleyball net. I took off running down the stairs and to the door when my grandma wrinkle hand caught my arm.
“Hey where you’re going.” my grandma looks at me hard with her evil stare.
“Um nowhere just going outside.” I shook her hand off, of me.
“Well stay inside alright it’s thundering and the lighting are flashing, it can be dangerous so stay inside.” my grandma said.
Her word didn’t stick to my brain it just came from my right ear and right back out the other and I bolted toward the door. Outside the pitch black pouring rain, I look their nowhere the rooster going to be found. I turn around and head back to the house when I heard the Tim the rooster making noises by the tall giant tree right next to the garden. I took a closer look at where the noise coming from bingo I saw the chicken. The chicken is tangle between the net we set up for volleyball game we set up from yesterday night. It has been taken down by the wild wind and the rain storm.
I ran toward where the Tim remained and tried to untangle the Tim the rooster but it wouldn’t stay put. Tim remain shaking when I hold the Tim tight and I have to wait until the Tim the rooster stop wiggling before I can untangle him. Boom! Boom! The thunder roars I took a look at the flash of light that struck the giant tree in front of me. What am I going to do? The tree branches will fall any minute now, if the lighting struck it that hard that I saw spark. I set there tried and tried on concentrating on untangling Tim but the rain continued raining so harsh on my face that I couldn’t see anything.
Boom! Boom! The thunder roars once again, I took a look at what’s cracking above me. It happens to be the tree branch that was wreck by the flash of light I saw earlier. Crack; Crack the first tree branches sounded louder and louder I don’t know what’s going on. The first tree branches fell. It weren’t that much of big deal when it falls downward toward where I slouch down, I didn’t pay attention to it at the moment. The tree branches eventually will fall ten feet away from me anyways. The second tree branch felled hard downward toward where I am, it fell five feet away from me and it’s much bigger than the first branch. The wild wind than carry the tree branches toward where I slouched down.

“Ah!” I scream out loud.
When the second tree branch fell and struck hard on the back of my head, the started to bleed and my head continues to bleed hard for at least 20 min. My vision became blurry for a few minute, and then my vision came back. I remained lying on the ground with the chill of the rain on my body. My head split open blooding rushing out slowly. Tim the rooster sat inside in the volleyball net and he have no other way to escape. Tim the rooster kept on making noise with the ground. When all of a sudden I heard a door slams open my grandma came out and screamed my name in her cane looking for me.
“Hey grandson where are you.” my grandma stood with her cane walking toward the opening of the rain.
I try to mumble but no words came out just sound. The noise trigger my grandma eyes, her eyes level toward where I am and she ran toward where I lay down and pick me up by my head. She screams out so loud at that moment my cousin next door can hear her. He came out with fear that something was wrong. In his pajama my cousin saw me and my grandma and ran toward where I remained and picks me up and ran into his house. He put a white blanket on the back of my head trying to stop the bleeding. I set there shaking and bloods all over the white blanket my cousin use to patch my bleeding. When the rain storm came to an end I black out.
Beep, Beep the heart monitor went on, I lay there hopeless trying to fight my way back to life. I finally took a peak through my eyelid and wondering where I am. All I saw are nurses around me with sharp needles and medication ready to inject into my hopeless body. I feel like moving but I was paralyzed. I couldn’t feel what is going on until I took another blink and stare hard at a sign close by the door in the room. When my eyes sight became clear I took another blink and concentrated hard on the sign it said ICU, which is an emergency room for patience that are badly injure. It shocks me that I am here in a room I never have been before. The medication was inserted into me and it hurt badly. The sharp needle hurts me even more. The medication kick in I blank out for the rest of the night don’t know what is going on with my body.
There I sat alone on top of soft and smooth cover bed in the haunted place where I never been before. Scream and pounding came in distance I open my eyes nothing; I close it, the scream and pounding came closer and closer. Peek a boo I see you came a voice sitting next to me. I stutter and my body started to shake I scream for help but it was helpless I was paralyze. My dream faded when I hear someone shook me awake, I open my eyes to see my parent next to me.
“You ok son” the voice was unclear.
“koj pua ua lis cas?” (Are you ok?) My dad shook me hard.
“Hey dad where am I.” when I suddenly open my eyes and ask my dad.
“You’re in the hospital right now” my dad turns around, gives my mom a quick glance and signals my mom that I am alright.
“Well son what can I say you ended here when I heard a phone call from grandma that you are here at the hospital” my mom said.
“Where grandma.”
“She outside.” My mom said.
“Alright that good grandma is safe.”
My grandma came rushing into the room and give me a hug. When she saw the stitches I have on the back of my head, she back away and just give me a tap on the shoulder. My mom asks my grandma about what happen and how I ended up here. My grandma turn and look at my parent and she went and sit down next to my mom and started slowly explain what happen. That how I end up in here I thought to myself. I turn and face the other direction and asking what the heck I do to deserve such a hit by a tree branch. Awhile I turn and talk to myself the doctor told my parent I have to stay in the hospital for two week since I need to heal up and stay there so the doctor can monitor my soft skull to make sure I am alright. After all the night and day I have stay at the hospital. The doctor finally took off my stitches and say that I can go home. I was excited to go home because I miss being in my bed.
I came out of the two week stay at the hospital went straight home for something to eat because that morning I got out there weren’t anything to eat. I got home that day when my memory remained short term for a while until my parents taught me a way how I am going to remember thing. I took the advice of be patience with the condition I am in and don’t work hard on thinking so I can heal faster. My life became a quick change where I have to start over again just because of Tim my rooster I’ve trying to save. Never ever in life will I ever try to save an animal when I can’t save myself. My life became a whole new meaning. It became the fantasy that I will never want to live.