A Chrismas Miracle | Teen Ink

A Chrismas Miracle

By oregonemma SILVER, Park City, Utah
oregonemma SILVER, Park City, Utah

It was early in the morning on Friday, December 23, 2005. The morning air was cold, freezing probably. Despite the freezing morning air and weird feelings deep in the pit of our stomaches, we decided to go. We were going to see my family in Oregon for Christmas. Little did we know, we wouldn’t quite make it but a christmas miracle would occur. We got into the car and turned up the heat, the smell almost metallic. We made our way down the snowy street and onto the freeway. We past Salt lake and the city lights weren't even on. Half way to the Idaho border i decided to take a small nap, because it was so early. 5 minutes after falling asleep i remember waking up to mud and glass hitting me in the face, all i heard was silence, everyone to shocked to even scream. Before i knew i was upside-down then back right-side-up. What had happened? i had been so tired and it had been so abrupt that my mind hadn't been able to figure it all out. Before i knew it everyone was out of the car, I cautiously stepped out. Wondering what had just happened, once i got out i saw pieces of glass and all of our luggage out on the freeway, I saw deep tire marks in the mud. Cars were whizzing past us. Less then five minutes there was a family by us, making sure we were okay, they had been on the phone with the police while our crash had happened. They told us what happened, It all seemed to make sense. Our car had hit black ice and rolled over. Luckily none of us were hurt. It took the police a half an hour to come to the seen, I was in shock and crying the whole time. Once they came we had to explain everything and they gave my mom a ticket. The tow truck took us into Snowville, Utah aka middle of nowhere. We immediately went to the diner. I cant begin to explain how good those pancakes tasted, with all the syrup. It had probably the best meal in my life. After all that happened earlier that day we were so lucky to be alive, especially because five minutes away from our crash another family crashed, and they all died. At first i thought my christmas was ruined because i didn't get to go to Oregon. But when we got home that night, after all that had gone on, I realized that this was going to be the best Christmas of my life. Even though i didn't get to go to Oregon at least i got to spend it with my family and not in the hospital or even six feet under, and no one in my family got hurt. It really made me realize that miracles really happen.

gomez_denise BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
I just read this, i know i'm late , but I loved it.. <3

I would suggest using capital I,but great job.

Cameron09 said...
Emma --Great job!