Polaroid | Teen Ink

Polaroid

By 1vetuschi BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1vetuschi BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

It was the first day of senior year; I had FSO on A days, meaning I didn't have to be at school until 8:54 a.m. I woke up at 8’oclock sharp. Since I pick out my clothes the night before, getting ready is a breeze; however, I wanted to make sure I would have enough time to get ready, eat a good breakfast, and take an annual first-day-of-school picture. With all that being said, I also wanted to be sure I could take my time getting ready and not risk being late for my first day.

By the time I got ready and went upstairs, my mom had prepared scrambled eggs and toast for me. After I finished my breakfast and looked over my schedule one last time, I gave the final bite of eggs to my dog since she had been patiently waiting for me to give her something, staring up at me with her big brown eyes and drooling chops. 

“Okay, go brush your teeth quickly and then come back up for a picture,” Mom ordered.

After waiting patiently for my mom in the doorway, my dad says to me, “Go grab Zoe and we’ll take a picture together.”

My dad pretends he doesn’t like our dog, Zoe. However, he is the one who takes the most pictures with her. 

“Have a great first day of school, Taylor, we love you,” my mom says to me, as I gather my items to head out the door. 

After taking pictures for my mom and one with my dad, I grab my lunch box, backpack, water bottle, and mask and rush out the door to head to school.