Like a Skeleton... | Teen Ink

Like a Skeleton...

Like a skeleton, with skin draped over the bones. His head, full of thick gray hair, still holds a small black presence of what it used to be. His ribs slowly press their way up and down; they are the only sign that life still resides in this shriveled man. He falls in and out of sleep as though tired from some long journey. His eyes, though unseeing, still twitch from behind half drawn lids. His slumber, once peaceful, now seems haunted and short. This once great man now lies confined to a bed as the end draws near. This hollow shell of a man I once knew, now only resembles the jolly man I called grandpa. All his experiences, his thrills, his sorrows, his life's dreams, and accomplished goals are all somehow lost as he begins to board his final train home. It's hard to imagine this once great man came from dust and soon shall return. My only hope is his passing is painless and joyful as he walks toward that final brilliant light that will welcome him home.

alienag said...
alienag, Sugar Land, Texas
the story cot my attn immeadiately. very creepy n a good way. but i dont think thats y ppl fear deth...theyve nevr experienced it and no once u go, u can never go bak.  and no one alive nos where u go...i personally think looking at somthing and noting the absence of life is the creepy part. something that used to be jumping around is still...

Aleksandra said...
Aleksandra, Lindenhurst, New York

‎"Innocence is the state of not desiring for illusions of better-ness or less hardships. It is seeing what is in front of you, and loving it. "

I think this demonstrates perfectly why people fear death. They know that their feelings, thoughts and achievements will be lost to time, that once they're gone, no will no longer matter. 

It is so emo and i love that! welcome to the crypts!