Min Yoongi- Hero | Teen Ink

Min Yoongi- Hero

January 9, 2020
By SageSpice SILVER, Houston, Texas
SageSpice SILVER, Houston, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Hero. A hero. I’m sure that you’ve heard of Aurora’s prince/hero/savior dude (the one that decided it was the coolest thing ever if you kissed some random beauty that had been sleeping for 100 years).  Or, maybe you’ve heard of Cinderella’s prince/hero/savior dude (the one that never realized that there just might more than one person with the same shoe size and obviously never even looked at her face because he had to rely on a shoe to find her. I mean, seriously what is up with him!?). But why are these princes considered heroes? The way I think of it is you should have to do more than kiss some random lady or dance with one that has special feet to be considered a hero. Heroes should have to prove they’re worthy of the title; they should support an important cause or become an amazing leader. Perhaps they should sacrifice something huge (as in importance) and be a symbol of hope, happiness, and peace! Come with me as I march Into The Unknown because I’m definitely not going to just Let It Go.

 

                Let’s talk about Min Yoongi. Min Yoongi is what I consider to be a hero. Now, who is Min Yoongi? Min Yoongi is a BTS member who raps, dances, writes songs, and gives so many amazing speeches that you can’t help but wonder how he keeps a mind so awesome inside a human sized skull. Why in the world do I consider this millionaire, K-idol dude to be a hero? Here is why: Min Yoongi once said that he wishes that there was a safe place to share your true feelings and not be judged; to be open about your mental state of being and to not have to worry about what other people say. He stated that many people are sad and lonely and that the world should do more to recognize that fact. In many of the band’s songs Min Yoongi writes about how the world puts a lot of pressure on children and that a lot of kids just wanted to get away and finally be happier. During an interview he referenced the lyrics to their songs “No More Dream” and “N.O.” he said that the message in those songs is that a lot of pressure is put on kids (to be the best and get perfect grades and be popular and find a spouse and have a successful family with lots of money) and that the songs tell the listeners that its ok to not be the best and its ok if you’re not perfect because in actuality no one really is. He himself has released an entire album that talks about mental health issues. In his solo “the last” he talks about how he tries to keep a tough façade to cover up the fact that he feels like a coward and is constantly battling self-hatred.

 

Let’s be real here, Min Yoongi has over 400 thousand fans and a lot of them are pulled towards him and his words because of the mental issues that they themselves are fighting. There are too many videos and posts talking about how Min Yoongi helps save people every day to count. Some posts say things like “Min Yoongi and his song lyrics helped me realize that I wasn’t the only person feeling like this” or “ I want to thank Min Yoongi for giving me a way to feel happy and for making me realize that I don’t have too end everything to feel good again, he showed me that there is always hope and that I will be ok”. Now, maybe I’m crazy but I’m pretty sure that has to count for more than the average Disney prince.


The author's comments:

i am a kpop fan and i hope you really like this. Have a good life!