The Music | Teen Ink

The Music

The Music was soaring right through me, I hadn’t heard anything like it before, the group’s energy was flowing through the crowd it was a feeling I’ve never felt before. That is when a realized I wanted to be in music for the rest of my life. I picked up my first guitar at the age of twelve. It felt so natural in my hands, for the next 5 years it would be my whole life. The guitar is the only way I know how to express how I’m feeling.
Music to me is the only thing in life that can change what people think about themselves and others. In a way music is so influential it can change the way a society is run. I really can only think of one person that exposed me to music and the meaning of music. This is my father ever since I can remember on every car ride or anytime there was a radio around he would play it. My dad has been playing the drums since he was fifteen we both have the music in us. We play together all the time how is that for a father son bond.
Guitar is the most beautiful instrument I’ve ever seen the way the neck flows right into the body is amazing. The guitarist that influenced me the most will probably have to be Slash, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, and Jimi Hendrix. All off these guys have there own sound. Its one thing to play the guitar but to establish your own sound is possibly the greatest feeling a guitar player can have that is when you know that you were meant to play the guitar.
The connection that my father and I share with our instruments is one of the greatest things a son can experience with his father. I hope every father and son have a connection like this. That is what matters to me.