Our World And Our Pollution | Teen Ink

Our World And Our Pollution

By SkylerMorningstar GOLD, Barrie, Other
SkylerMorningstar GOLD, Barrie, Other

This is the planet we live on, we should take care of it like we would take care of a new pet. But instead we neglect it. You may think you don't do much to pollute the earth, but everyone does a little part of it. Trees are a sours of our oxygen but we cut them down to make room for houses and make paper. If you smock chances are you've left buds laying around somewhere and it takes them around ten years to decompose.  
CO2 (carbon dioxide) a green house gas is caused by combustion, the burning of fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gases. The more CO2 in the air heats up the atmosphere which causes lots of problems like the melting of the Polar ice caps leading to the expanding of oceans into low areas.
SO2 (sulfur dioxide) is the cause of considerable environmental damage. It's created by sulfur or fuels containing sulfur are burned. 
CO (carbon monoxide) is formed by lack of oxygen in the combustion process, it can be deadly to inhale. 
Smog is a brownish yellow cloud of gases are caused by oxides of nitrogen in the air, when it is exposed to sunlight it reacts chemically with other gases. 
Air quality is something you really need to consider when using oil, gases, or coal to produce the energy to manufacture products. Just think of how unclean the air that you breath in is. 
Some of the deadliest forms of pollution is smog, sewage, radioactivity, mining and battery recycling. 
Even though somethings are caused by the environment we need to help clean it up. Submerged cars from the New Orleans Hurricane leaks oil and gas, which can seep into the ground water tainting lakes and poisoning wells. 
Just think of what all of this pollution does to us. 40 percent of deaths in the world are caused by a form of pollution. We all should give a hand in trying to clean up the world. 

This was a speech I wrote for one of my classes and I feel that we really should try and clean up the world.

Honour SILVER said...
Honour SILVER, New London, Connecticut

Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~John 15:13

"Give me liberty or give me death!" ~Patrick Henry

Be brave and steadfast; have no fear or dread of them, for it is the Lord, your God, who marches with you; he will never fail you or forsake you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" ~ Thomas Jefferson

This is a well written speech, and addresses some good points and topics.  It's also informitive, and hepful to people wanting to learn about this sunject.  Good job Skyler.

Lizla BRONZE said...
Lizla BRONZE, Shelter Island, New York

"Everyone struggles against despair, but it always wins in the end. It has to. It's the thing that lets us say goodbye." -Jeffrey Eugenides

Polution is a serious problem today. Well done in this informative piece. Hopefully people will read this and realize we need to change.

Lizla BRONZE said...
Lizla BRONZE, Shelter Island, New York

SkylerMorningstar GOLD, Barrie, Other
True that :)

earthhashope SILVER, Earth, Other

You alone are enough. You don't have to prove yourself to anybody.
Trust dreams. Trust your heart. Trust your story.
Earth without trees is like pizza without cheese!!!
Humanity is like an ocean. If one drop gets polluted, the entire ocean doesn't.

You r right!!! This is a serious issue!!! We shud do all we can fr d environment.......