Why Should we stop bullying? | Teen Ink

Why Should we stop bullying?

By DecemberStone BRONZE, Beebe, Arkansas
DecemberStone BRONZE, Beebe, Arkansas

"When Life kicks you in the face KICK BACK HARDER!!!"

Why should we end bullying?

Bulling has been an exceeding issue over the years… it is about time to make it stop! Bulling affects everyone not just the victims of bulling but, the bully’s and everyone surrounding them. The numbers of kids that are starting to become victims as well as bullies are increasing. Nobody like’s a bully and being one just makes matters worse. Bullying is a major problem that we haven’t been able to stop, every year more and more people become bullied at school and online, if we take a stand against bullying and not encouragedit I believe that we can put an end to it!

Bullying has gone viral. People have been bullying over the internet on social media sites such as Facebook and even twitter. As well as social networking sites people have also used our new technology of texting to harass people. Cyber bullying is what its called when you bully someone over the internet. “Dharun Ravi was accused of having so viciously tormented his Rutgers University roommate named Tyler Clementi, that in September 2010 he committed suicide.” (Cloud 2) Clementi jumped to his death off the George Washington Bridge. (Cloud 2) “partly because of the bridges proximity to the nations media capitol and partly because of his gut ranching Facebook sign off.” (Cloud 2) “Jumping off the GW bridge sorry” Tyler Clementi posted just mere hours of his suicide.
The matter was he used his Facebook, which was the same thing his roommate Dharun used to bully him in which to state his suicide. Bullicide is the act of killing oneself because of being bullied and that is exactly what he did. People should not bully over the internet or at all for that matter. Yet at least at school not everyone can see it. On the internet the victim and the bully has the whole world watching as their audience. Not everyone forgets….
Glass 2

Bulling in school is still in play as well. It may be the “old fashioned”..it is still just as effective! Bulling should not be happening in school teachers should be making it stop and start being aware that it IS HAPPENING!!! Parent’s think that bullying in schools is just “a part of school” which is complete utter nonsense! “Not that long ago, it was dismissed as an unfortunate rite of childhood,” wrote Cloud. When someone gets bullied they feel unsafe, scared and sad. Statistics show that on a daily average 160,000 children miss school because they fear they will be bullied again (Hall and Jones 3)

Bystanders could really help stop bullying if they stood up right when it is happening! Stop bullying on the spot therefore it can’t go anywhere or develop anymore. If a teacher see’s the bullying or anyone really should stoop it to don’t be afraid! “When adults respond quickly and consistently they sent the message that it is not acceptable.” (Prevent Bullying) When stopping bullying on spot you should intervene immediately, separate the kids involved and make sure everyone is safe. (Prevent Bullying) Another reason bystanders are afraid of standing up for the victims is because of their fear of being the next victim of the bully. That is scary and understandable. Yet it doesn’t matter if a bully is stopped then he cannot bully anyone anymore!
Now I feel it is our job to make bullying stop! The question is not why should we stop bullying? It’s why haven’t it already been stopped? Or what can we do to stop it? Kids feel unsafe in school and that’s not healthy. Say you’re 15 right now when you have children do you want them to feel unsafe in school?? I don’t think so!!!! The .U.S. Department of Justice reported that 37% of student’s do not feel safe at school because of bullying!”

Glass 3
(Cloud3) Are we going to have to wait until that 37 is a 50% to realize that THIS IS A PROBLEM?
We need to support being different and teach others to understand that bullying is wrong! That just saying something mean can develop into so much more. Everyone needs to encourage kids to do what they love. We as adults need to model how to treat others with kindness! We are the mold for every younger person to learn and grow upon! “Kids learn from adults” (Prevent Bullying) Anti bullying programs are another great way to stop bullying though most don’t come for free. Cloud wrote, “The largest anti-bullying company, the Olewus Bullying Protection Program, charges thousands of dollars to large school districts that need to train educators to recognize and report warning signs of bullying, like repeated introverted behavior among the possible victims. (Cloud 3) If we had more free anti bullying prgrams and compain’s we would get more restsult’s and that’s exactly what we need!

Bullying has always been wrong. Some people support it which makes them wrong. Yet people let peole get away with bullying everyday. Bystandards you need to stand up because if you don’t it could lead to another byllycide. Or mabye not but we will never know! Yet are we going to wait to see the day it happens again? Are we going to let the suicide rates go up because of this!?!? Is bullying going to be another statistic in this world? I hope not so far hope has not helped the victims but one day it will.

“Prevent Bullying” 3-30-12 Stopbullying.gov/prevention/index/.html

Cloud,John “The Myths of bullying” Time 3-12-2012 1-7

Megan, Kelly and Jones, Carrie Dear Bully. New York: HarperCollins, 2011

I had to do this for English paper but I'm so passionate about stopping bullying i had lots of fun with it, The statistics are scary and i wanted people to realize what they are doing!!! No one cared but one day they will... I was bullied and so many others were to i was just trying to make light of the bad situation that we are constantly in but no one seems to care.... I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE IT NEEDS TO STOP NOW!!! Are you with me?

Stop it said...
Girl your mom made a miracle which is you keep fighting to stop bullying.stop bullying!stop bullying!

Stop it said...

The article was great, and filled with a lot of information. People need to realize bullying isn't a joke, and it isn't going to go away unless many people get involved.

The article was great and covered was filled with information. People need to be made aware that bullying isn't a joke, and that it won't stop anytime soon unless people get involved

asdfghjkl said...
were there bystanders?

_Sean_ BRONZE said...
_Sean_ BRONZE, Meadville, Pennsylvania
I like the idea of your article, though the grammar and spelling angered me quite a lot. I recommend doing a quick google search to see if you spelled the word correctly; it drastically helps.

sally said...
this book was so good. It bout made me cry. Hurry up on the next book please!!!

Joshua said...
Being bullied can turn a good person into an evil person. If you don't like the thought of someone who has potential to be a good person doing something evil that could affect another human being forever, don't ever support bullying. A lot of the most evil people in history may have been evil from resentment about having been bullied.

samantha_21 said...
samantha_21,
this needs to be put out and not kept on just this website more people need to see this

Only1niyahh said...
People should stop bullying it is rude also some people might want to hang their self because they getting bully

Karla said...
I really like it !!.. You got me hooked in the story right away.. Keep the good work.. And good luck !!.. (I'll be waiting for your next one

ThrillQueen126, Seattle, Washington
This is the kind of thing that the whole world needs to hear. And schools need to pay more attention to it! Just watch your spelling, there are a couple typos.

Stop them said...
When I was in middle school people bullied me so much I cried in school.nomader how much I tried to get rid of them they followed me. One day they followed me home and threw eggs at all my windows . I stood up to them and they punched me. I will never forget what happend

mplo said...
Here's another reason that bullying needs to be stopped in its tracks: Bullying often creates new victimizers and victims alike. Inotherwords, people who've been bullied are at least as likely as not to come up to bully others.

Bee901 said...
I understand where your coming from and agree, ish.

so sorry @boo431 keep strong! ive been bullied too.

chblyth said...
chblyth, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

“People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.”
― Bill Watterson

@DecemberStone Bullying will never cease to exist as long as humanity remains unique. If we stopped bullying, we'd stop wars, and every conflict of any kind ever. This would ultimately and completely stop human evolution and technological advancement. Everyone has their own opinions, as long as everyone has the freedom to control their own body, lips, vocal cords, fingers, hands, etc., bullying will continue forever. Look at "Terrorists". They have an opinion that we don't like, so we kill them and start conflict at every advantage point. This is called bullying. It's time for people to realize that bullying will never cease to exist. That is unless the entire human race and any trace of its existence is wiped out and we are completely rebuilt by an unknown source to have the same personality as every other human on the planet. This would essentially be a Marxist Economy for the mind, which would surely ensue a Marxist World. People will get bullied, and everyone has bullied a minimum of one time in their lives, whether they knew it, remembered it, or are doing it now. Accept the facts humanity, we're all different, and we have the freedom to have opinions and make choices on our own. So the best we can do is learn to accept that we as ourselves do not control to flow of humanity or even time. Suck it up society, you're a bitch. Instead of letting bullying deteriorate you, use it to build the greatest mental capacity you can, and become stronger with every step.

ogmudbone said...
I'm writing an essay too

katie said...
I am trying to do an essay on bullying thank you for helping me with this website

JordannaStarr BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington
1 article 1 photo 7 comments

"Life isn't about learning to wait out the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

I have been bullied throughout school. It was bad when I was in elementary school, but nothing super serious. In middle school it has escalated to the point where I am being bullied in almost every class and the teachers watch and listen and don't do a thing about it. I've been to the principal and the counselor and nobody does a darn thing about it.They just say they'll "have a talk" and nothing changes, so I don't even bother saying anything anymore. Nobody knows this about me because I hide it all inside, but I suffer from sever depression and I have trouble finding any meaning in my life anymore. I just really wish some people would step up and do something to stop bullying.