The Self-Proclaimed Angel | Teen Ink

The Self-Proclaimed Angel

May 26, 2015
By KylieLynn97 BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
KylieLynn97 BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you're not first, you're last." - Reese Bobby (Ricky Bobby's father)


Whenever I kill my victims, I gather them up as best as I can.  Sometimes it gets a bit messy.  I then proceed to take them around in places I enjoy the most: the morgue, the cemetery, old abandoned homes and hospitals, or my own home.  In my home, I have a wide variety of artifacts taken from each murder.  I call it my own little piece of heaven, or in my case, my own little piece of hell.  There, I also grow my favorite flower, the Antirrhinum.  I always make sure to pick them when they are ready to wilt since they look like skulls when they are dying.  My victims will take the flowers with them to Hell, where they rightfully belong.  That’s why I kill them.  They aren’t worth any good here on Earth, so I make sure that I take their life before they make anyone else’s worse.  Once the Devil, or his messenger, Abaddon, the fallen angel of death, receives my gift, he always gives me one in return.  They take my gift and turn them into a servant in Hell.  Usually, I request more time added to my life so that I can live longer and continue my good deeds. 
As I take my victims to places, I make sure to do as much destruction as I can.  I try to make it unseen but have a few slip ups here and there.  It is usually just a small things like breaking stems on rosebushes to make sure that the beauty associated with them is dead and gone.  Other times I can get angry and cause mass destruction like making a whole building become demolished.  Destruction isn’t my specialty.  Well, it is in a way.  I like to make my victims suffer to death, literally.  I love mutilation.  Now that’s my specialty.  I make sure I’m very careful about it, too.  I have a specific ritual I go through every time I have the chance to take another life.  I make sure that I’m the last thing they see before they close their eyes forever, but in some cases, they can’t close their eyes at all.
“What should we take with us today?” I ask my most recent victim.  Oh, wait.  I forgot that he can’t talk.  I went a little overboard on my task today. 
I take him to my favorite place, the old town morgue.  I sometimes have to keep my latest kills here because I do so many in a short time.  It hasn’t happened too lately, though.  When I entered, I had a sudden realization.  I had left someone in here!  Well, I know what will be the present for the Devil today.  He’ll be able to have two servants this time. While I was getting ready to carry out my second victim for the Devil, I heard someone else here.  Who could it be?  To be continued...


The author's comments:

This is based off of The Angel by Hans Christian Anderson.