Faker | Teen Ink

Faker

September 17, 2013
By Anna.L BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
Anna.L BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Why did I even begin to fall for you? What does she have that I don’t? Maybe it’s an attitude. Or a taste for something stupid that’ll come back and haunt you for the rest of your life. I may regret some decisions, but I’ll never regret leaving you. You’re nothing but a faker.

I can still remember the first time I saw you. My boyfriend and I were fighting over the same stupid thing for the fourth time when you walked by smirking. School started a month later and I was single once again. You sat behind me in English and consistently played with my hair and poked my back with your pen. Your locker was across the hall from mine. One day, my friends and I were discussing the sub we had for math, when you came up and slung your arm across my shoulders.

My friends knew you were just a hot troublemaker, but I was now a vulnerable, newly single girl so when you asked me to a movie, I agreed. On Thursday night, I met you at the theater and it went really well. By the next Wednesday, I was almost in love with you. But, on Monday, I watched you grab a junior cheerleader’s waist and bring her lips to yours. I ran to the nearest restroom and spent the entire third period throwing cold water on my eyes from the sink. Why didn’t I notice my friend’s expressions of disapproval?

The next day, I strode up to you with my chin high in the air and threw all the notes you slipped to me during class and in my locker in your face, told you I was through, and walked away. You were never more than a filthy, cheating, lying faker and you’ll never change.