Red Velvet | Teen Ink

Red Velvet

By dani_peace GOLD, Henrietta, New York
dani_peace GOLD, Henrietta, New York

"if seeing is believing then believe that we've lost our eyes"-manchester orchestra

Anxious from the moment I woke up, I could feel my bones trembling, turning into bread as I attempted lift myself out of his bed; I didn’t want to break away from his vines that intertwined with mine, I just wanted to entangle myself inside his roots and eventually tell him what’s been on my mind.
As I opened the door I walked down what seemed like a corridor, I walked into this room that filled with my own echoes, when I shut the door I released his crimson sheets that camouflaged my naked body. Turning on the shower I could hear the floor creak as if we were on a ship and he was walking towards the main deck where I was; one foot after the other I felt myself underneath what felt like waterfalls taking me to a tropical island that I never want to escape from.
Moments later I heard a few strums from his Mitchell acoustic guitar, he began to play a few chords, and the sound grew louder. I started to recognize that it was Danny’s Song by Kenny Loggins; the crescendo grew louder then he opened the door, and he busted out in song “And even though we ain’t got money, I’m so in love with you honey”.
I as I opened the shower curtain he came up and drew me towards his scruffy face that I’ve always embraced, he then reached for my face and brushed his lips across mine. The interior of my core quivered as he lured me in; the sensation ricochet down to my vertebrae and right back to my aorta, it coiled like the cables on this vessel and from that instant he exposed filament that was linked to our sail.
As he pulled away he glared right into my iris’s, I started to see my reflection right through his gleaming green oceanic eyes; waves of aspirations and marvels enlightened my notion, I began to realize we will be enduring isn’t just a commotion.
The sail that was directing us began to detach itself from the exposed filament, as the wires were breaking off one by one, the closer I became to releasing this burden that had possessed my essence. Immediately after the last strand of wire had torn away from the cable, it was as if my soul had escaped my skeleton and that I was just a body. I could feel the waves crashing into me, beating me, letting me bleed; I felt myself choking not even being able to move, my body started to seize and I became numb.
All I could hear was the ocean breeze as it tickled my right ear, all I could see was this man who seemed familiar. As he walked closer I had this sensation, I suddenly became balmy, afraid that he’d recognize me; he started for me and I grew anxious, then he was in my focal range.
Then I sealed my eyes, making sure that he was unable to unfasten them because they were bolted shut.
I felt something jolting me around, I started to scream “I’m not opening my eyes”.
“It’s okay, it’s okay; it’s only me”.
I’d recognized the voice and felt comforted by the concern behind the voice; I began to open up my eyes to see this man cradling me as if I were a newborn child that just was released from the womb. I could feel drops come across my face as if they were coming from a spigot; I looked up to see that those drops weren’t coming from me; they were coming from the man that rocked me gently. I started to tremble as he swayed me, I then started to feel anxious as the words escaped passed my lips.
He pulled away and looked at me, he didn’t have to say a word and I could just tell what thoughts were crossing his mind. But then maybe I was too quick to have an answer. In a split second I felt his vines interlocking with mine, moments later he pressed his lips against me; I didn’t want to remind myself that this could me the last time, as my hands reached down his spine.

JasmineNoelle1 BRONZE, There Is No Need To Know This !!!, Texas

You never needed to change my darling you just need to have confidence in yourself to be yourself and not change for someone else.

alright thank you!!!

dani_peace GOLD, Henrietta, New York

thank you ! I aprechate it !!

stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other
this is really good , i enjoyed reading it :D

dani_peace GOLD, Henrietta, New York

yup, if you click my user name there are more pieces that I have.

oh well cool. But I really like how you express how they are connected and all that stuff. It's well written. Do you have more writings

dani_peace GOLD, Henrietta, New York

yes it is the same person, and don't be afraid to ask any more questions, for clarity 

yea the part when the man started walking up to her. . . is the boy and they man the same person? I just don't know I guess I got confused or something.

i don't know for someone reason i got disstracted or something hold on let me reread it again.

dani_peace GOLD, Henrietta, New York

What part did you stumble upon? I'd like to know so maybe it's something that I can fix. Thank you!!

i thought this was really good I kind of got lost in one moment but other than that it was great!!!