Angel | Teen Ink

Angel

By Basketball23 SILVER, Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
Basketball23 SILVER, Pine Grove, Pennsylvania

"I'm living in a shell with no soul" -Three Days Grace (World So Cold)
"Time still turns the pages of the book it's burned" -Avenged Sevenfold (So Far Away)

I look down upon the love of my life. He sits there on his old recliner, weeping. He cries out my name as his shoulders shake. I come down from heaven in the form of an angel and grab his hands.

“Hush, darling,” I say. “Do not worry about me. I live in heaven with our Lord now. I am safe. Someday you will join me. Until then, live life to its fullest.”

He looks up, his eyes searching the room frantically. He has heard my voice but cannot find me. He shouts and pulls at his hair, afraid he is going insane.

I brush my hand along his jaw line. “Be quiet my dear. I am now an angel and am safe far above. God has plans for you so stop worrying about me and enjoy life. Go comfort the kids. Have fun with them. Find another love. I’ll be watching from above and will keep you out of harm’s way. I love you.”

He brushes his hand through the air and they pass through me. I try to grab hold of them, but I can’t. I’m being pulled back to my real home with my Father, but before I leave I hear him say, “I love you.”

I just got this idea in the middle of school. I honestly don't know where it came from or who I'm referring to in this piece...it just came to me.

Ryter said...
Ryter, Warwick, New York

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift, that is why it is called the Present.

That was beautiful! I find the best pieces of work come in the middle of the most borking class during the school day. I bet you could make an amazing story out of that! I would definately read it!

Honeyhill said...
It's beautiful, i absolutely adore it. It's so sweet. The man makes me want to cry, he'll never stop loving his lost wife...Life is so sad.

Basketball23 said...
Awww thank you SOOO much!!!  I really appreciate it!!!

Basketball23 said...
Awww thank you SOOO much!!!!  I really appreciate it!!!

TayIndago BRONZE, Baltimore, Maryland

Life is like a box of expensive chocolates, you"ll never know what you"ll get next until you go for it.

And you're in love with what I write?? Oh my goodness, this was amazing:) like everyone else, it brought tears to my eyes!!!! I absolutly love this:)

Thanks so much!!!  You don't know how much I appreciate it!!!

I'm sorry!!!  I didn't mean to!!!

Old Fart said...
That was awesome.  You made me cry.

jesse_t said...
basketball23 you are an amazing friend and i could not read all of this because i almost started crying lol i love you and sorry and amazing of what i read

Daddy said...
Great job sissy.  Keep up the great work and don't forget where you cam from so we can spend your money when we get old......ha,ha  LOVE U

Haha awww thanks:)) I hope I am someday!!!

Good Job Lindsey, I'm sitting by you in computers right now and i feel like im sitting by some famous poet. haha

Generallee01 said...
Nice poem Love it keep doin What u doin :)

omg! good job lindsey to the zimmerman! love you good job!:)