August 2022 Fiction Contest: The Joker | Teen Ink

August 2022 Fiction Contest: The Joker

By originalturtl3 BRONZE, Fremont, California
originalturtl3 BRONZE, Fremont, California

"When all else fails, there's always delusion." –Conan O'Brien

He was a criminal mastermind; a supervillain. In the span of a decade, he had risen to become known as the Prince of Crime. His list of crimes stretched longer than the maniacal grin on his face. He was the new, reformed, modern Robin Hood, punishing the world for their injustice and corrupt beliefs. Money and wealth meant nothing to him. Ambition and Power were meaningless. He believed in only three things. One. He was the messenger of chaos. Two. There was nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose. Three. The world needed to be introduced to anarchy. 

Hi, this piece is about the notorious mastermind, The Joker. The Joker is the Batman's archenemy and his goal in life is to bring the cruel world chaos. 

nooneatall BRONZE, --, California

"Hats off to the past, coats off to the future."
- American Proverb
"Why do you keep hiding behind your mask,
When even the scars formed by your mistakes
are you own constellations?"

This got me thinking about how people in the 14th century probably thought of Robin Hood the way we think of the Joker.. like, the strict moral code would have made him look like a really bad criminal, when nowadays he seems like a pretty ethical guy, and how if Robin Hood had been written nowadays, the moral code is already so out-of-touch that the character would have to be someone almost as anarchic as the Joker for there to even be a moral conflict. Sorry to rant, my point is i loved your piece!

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

The Joker is my favourite supervillain!!! Enjoyed this piece!!!