Love Is Scary | Teen Ink

Love Is Scary

September 5, 2009
By xFallenAngelx BRONZE, Canoga Park, California
xFallenAngelx BRONZE, Canoga Park, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Vivir con el corazon abierto


Ashley's POV
It's been weeks since I've seen him he left for a business trip again.While I'm stuck here with a "our"baby girl.I see a car come up on the driveway I rush to the window to see who it is and of course it's him."Hey baby"he says kissing me on the cheek."How was your trip"I said a little angry at the fact he didn't call once to see how I were doing."It was good"he said simply."So are we still going up for our date later?""Ugh I can't I have more work to do then I'll have to go on another business trip soon,but it's ok right"he smiled."No it's not ok Joe you are always leaving we never have time together,I'm always taking care of our baby and I'm sick and tired of you always going to work."I yelled as tears started forming in my eyes."What makes you think I don't care huh,I work every day for you guys.I'm the only reason we even have a roof on top of us and food on our plates"He yelled.I was crying now i looked at Rosie then back at Joe"What about a father for Rosie"I said softly.He was confused"What are you talking about I am her father"he said."you sure don't act like one your always at work or on a business trip she probably doesn't know she has a father cause he's never home"I said crying."What does this mean"he whispered hugging me."I think me and Rosie should leave for a while.""What why"he said a little hurt."I need time to think this through ok Joe maybe us being married wasn't a good idea.""But I love you Ashley please don't leave"he said with pleading eyes."I'm sorry Tracy should be here soon"I went upstairs and packed some clothes for Rosie and I.When I was done I went downstairs to see Joe holing Rosie.I let a tear fall just seeing that."Uhm Tracy is here.""Ok then here"he handed me Rosie.I took her then I kissed him softly on the lips.He deepened it a little,tears were forming in my eyes.He pulled away and said bye.I nodded and left with Tracy.

3 months later
It's been 3 months since I've seen Joe.Rosie has grown a lot since then.I went to my office for work.Tracy and her husband take care of her for me.They seem like the perfect couple with a perfect marriage I look at my wedding picture and sigh.I sit down and start reading my email I saw one from Joe.I opened it

From:Joe
Subject:Bye
Hey Ashley I know you probably still hate me but I just wanted to say bye one last time before I leave and please tell Rosie I'm sorry for not being there for her and tell her I love her.I love you too Ashley I will never stop loving you even after i leave.

love,
Joe

What did he mean he's "leaving" and that he will still love me even after he leaves.I was so confused about what he said in the message.I looked at when he sent it.3 weeks ago wow I need to check my email more often.the day was over and I went home i saw a police car in the drive way.I walked in and saw a two cops talking to Tracy and Steven."What's going on?""Are you Ashley"one of the officers asked."Uhm yes what's going on."Your husband Joe was found dead a couple of days ago"He said sadly."What no no no please don't tell me that's true no"I broke down crying.Now i know what he meant when he said he was leaving.But why would he leave me no.It's been weeks since I went out.Tracy came in my room."Sweetie his funeral is tomorrow.""I know"I said simply."I'm sorry.""I know you are everybody is."It was Joe's funeral and I gave a speech on how i loved him so much and everthing then they put him in the ground.Once they did that I fainted I felt someone shaking me ans I opened my eyes and saw Joe.I jumped up and hugged him"You're alive"I said."Of course I'm alive I've been alive."he said confused.I looked around I was still at home and Rosie was in her crib sleeping.I kissed him with all my passion and we ended up making out on the couch.I pulled away after a while."Please don't leave me ever"I whispered."I will never leave you"he said kissing me again."I love you Joe.""I love you too"he smiled.We fell asleep in each others arms and hoped for the best in our future.