A world of make-believe | Teen Ink

A world of make-believe

By Irene14 BRONZE, West Alis, Wisconsin
Irene14 BRONZE, West Alis, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"The peoples there, it seemed like they wasn't concerned about what happened to me. They didn't try to do nothing about it. I just get upset because I do my best to be nice to people because I don't want people to mistreat me and do me any kind of way. And I have to live with it, 'cause I had to live with a lot with going through with this."

-Recy Taylor

09/27/1986 7:09 pm It’s day one in this strange world, all I remember is taking my daily pills and drifting off to sleep. The skies are pink and the trees are blue, the grass is yellow, and nothing in this world makes sense, how did I get here? Where am I? I am going to continue searching. 

10:38 pm It seems I have no phone service here I can't call anyone for help to get out of this world...Not that I have anyone to call. I made new discoveries, I’ve found all sorts of mythical creatures, like the Basilisk a snake-like creature. That was a hard one to escape. There are imps and fairies, monsters birds. This world is not as enchanted as I thought, it’s a death trap, and everything wants to kill me! 

2:00 pm I’ve found a place to rest I’ve used grass and leaves for bedding, though I need to find clothes mine were all ripped up from escaping the gnomes, I always knew they were alive. Though they are not the only things that have tried to kill me and they won't be the last, I know there's more and I’m going to find them and bring back proof…Then no one will think I'm crazy anymore!

09/28/1986 5:03 am It’s day two I woke up to a Kelpie sniffing around, thankfully it didn't catch me, but I did get struck by its nasty claws leaving a gash, I used my shirt to wrap the wound on my arm, and stop the bleeding temporarily, it won't last for long I must find other materials, some kind of cloth. 

8:49 am I’ve found a horde of goblins, they seem to have food and materials, I will gather some materials of my own and wait for them to get distracted, then I’ll attack and take the things I need. 

9:10 am I’ve broken a branch off a tree and sharpened it into a spear-like weapon, I’m sneaking behind the dark blue oak tree I’m going to strike at any second I plan to throw a rock to distract them and then collect the materials I need and if things go wrong I’ll use the spear for my protection. So far everything is going well they’ve moved towards the noise the rock had made,

and I am starting to move the food and cloth items behind the tree so if it is needed I can shoot, grab my items and run. The goblins are just staring at me, maybe they are about to attack. 

9:57 am I shot my spear at the one in the front more goblins had started chasing me, they shot rocks at me I think, one grazed my shoulder, thank god I escaped while I still could. I wrapped my shoulder and arm with the cloth I had looted and finally got a meal here. I will soon find a way out I know I will and then I’ll show the world my discoveries and be rewarded.

4:14 pm I’ve made my way back to the cave I rested in the day before it seems the Kelpie (a shapeshifter) has left, there are claw marks on the wall, and the bed I had made is torn up and thrown around.

09/29/1986 10 am Day 4 I’ve overslept my leftover food has been tampered with and stolen, probably one of the creatures that live in these woods. I decided to put the berries, chips, and leftover meat in my pocket and venture off and find a new place to sleep this place was crawling with creatures of all kinds. 

12:12 pm I am once again running from a group of goblins one of them is on what looks like a unicorn, it is faster than my legs can run so I've slid down into a ditch, sadly I've ended up injuring my leg pretty badly but it was worth it because now I am sneaking behind a Fairy.

1:34 I successfully billed the fairy, the fairy was bigger than I imagined them. I cooked it and started eating it, it tasted bitter but the barrier had sweetened the taste. I am now heading towards a wooden hut nearby, maybe there I will be able to get a good rest finally, I am limping but I know I can make it. 

Day of death  09/30/1986 6:34 pm a man in his 60s was found dead from bleeding out in the middle of the forest, he was on drugs and committed major crimes including, cannibalism, murder, harassment, and robbery. He took zolpidem causing him to hallucinate and go crazy, people reported him wandering around shirtless and bleeding running from the cops.