Dave's Adventure | Teen Ink

Dave's Adventure

John Davis was an ordinary man. This story is about someone else named Dave Davis. Dave is far from ordinary. He is short, plump, and surprisingly brave. He had a dream to go to a land called Horror Land.

Dave had two friends who's names are Bill and Larry. Bill and Larry are the only ones who have tried to go to horror land and made it back alive, but without success of conquering the journey. Bill and Larry had the idea, if they teamed up with Dave, they could probably make it all the way. First, they had to get permission from the president of Malawi.

“Mr. President, can we please journey to Horror Land?” Dave asked the president

“We feel like we could try and complete this journey the second time with Dave.” Larry said confidently.

“Yes, you guys can journey to almost certain death. Finally, someone is brave enough to try.” The president said happily.

The president also said, “We will also supply you with weapons to fight the dragon.”

“Wait, you guys didn't tell me anything about a dragon!” Dave yelled in surprise.

“We thought it would be best to tell you now, not when we got to the castle.” Larry said.

“To late to back out now, we are setting up a good bye party right now.” Said the president.

“Bring it on!” Yelled Dave as they ran toward the food and party.

They went to the party, got some food, and started their journey to Horror Land. The group got to the gate that lead to Horror Land and Dave stopped. While Bill and Larry kept going, he stood there, considered backing out, but pushed on.

“Well, looks like the three of us are stuck together.” Dave said.

He got no reply. They walked on for three days without seeing anything living but themselves.

“What was that?” Larry suddenly blurted out

“I thought I saw a flash of light.” Bill said

“Me to.” Replied Dave.

“There it is again!” Shouted Larry.

All of them were shaking in fear. Something started to peak around the corner, little by little, out from behind a rock. First, a horn, then a head, then half a body, the animal showed it's full self.

“Awww! Its just a little unicorn!” Dave said relieved.

Then, two more unicorns appeared out from behind the rock and didn't hesitate when the group approached.

“Let's get on them” Dave suggested.

“Ok” The other two replied.

They creeped carefully toward the unicorns. Dave was the first to reach one of them. He was able to get on safely. Larry also got on safely. Bill was a different story.

The unicorn kicked him in the stomach and in the face before he was able to get on. Again, they rode for days and nights without seeing any other kind of life.

“Wow.” Dave says as the castle comes into sight.

“Hasn't changed since the last time we came.” Larry says.

“Lets stop. I'm tired and hungry.” Bill says.

So they stopped and got off the unicorns. Dave and Bill set up the tents, while Larry cooked the limited supply of food they had left.

“Dinners ready!” Larry called out

“Finally, took long enough.” Dave said as he walks out of the tent he set up.

Bill came out with a huge and loud yawn.

“What's for dinner?” Asked Bill

“Soup.”

“I don't want soup.”

“Deal with it.”

They ate dinner, Bill puked, and went to bed. The next morning, they woke up to find the unicorns have disappeared.

“Looks like we have to walk.” Dave said sadly and dull from almost no sleep.

The group walked about a mile on a beaten path that lead right up to the gate of the dragon's castle itself. The gate was a blood crimson color with vines growing all over, which made it look intimidating and scary. In the middle of the gate, out of reach, was a lock. Dave took out his gun, and shot it. The gate immediately shot open and revealed the inside of the castle that looked like it hadn't seen the light in a million years.

They walked in cautiously, trying to be as quite as a human can be, with weapons up, ready to shoot if anything pops out. Suddenly, the dragon pops out from around the corner and almost slaps Dave's face off. The dragon was huge, yellow, and not afraid to kill anything that stands in his castle. In unison, they turned and fired at the huge target.

“He's got armor. There is no way we are getting through that.” Yelled Dave as a fireball goes flying past his face.

“There is always a week spot!” Bill yelled back.

Dave spots the weak spot on top of his head. All three of them shoot at it. Dave hits it and kills the dragon.

“Yay!” They all yelled in joy.

From then on, they were called legends, and the conquerors of Horror Land.