The Devil's Diamond Summary | Teen Ink

The Devil's Diamond Summary

October 8, 2009
By Nyx56 BRONZE, Reinholds, Pennsylvania
Nyx56 BRONZE, Reinholds, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Eagles may soar among the clouds, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"


In the far off and bustling little town of Chockberm, a mischievous orphan boy named Larid roams the streets, struggling to make himself a living and failing miserably. None of the villagers like him, and the fact that he has no clue as to what happened to his parents and in the rest of his past makes it hard for him to believe he will ever find a way out of this sleepy little town and discover the adventure he has always dreamed of, or ever visit the huge, gleaming town of Dradria, the most powerful port city in all of the lands. Larid finally gets his break when the Captain Joseph Renmoore of The Ipsolan, a merchant ship that trades silk, spice, and weapons. Larid is enjoying his position as a lowly cabin boy on the ship when it is invaded by the crew of the the Devil's Diamond, a notorious pirate ship. Forced to bring Larid along with them, claiming that he ‘knows too much’ already, the crew of Flaming Dawn is not necessarily happy about adding him to their group, especially the ruthless and secretive first mate Flint Noringal, who despite being the same age as Larid, seems like a much darker person than the young orphan boy. But as Larid gets sucked farther and farther into the journey and story involving the Diamond (and the legendary, powerful jewel they are looking for), he soon realizes that with this crew and this legend, he could very well discover more about the past he never knew.

The author's comments:
This is the summary for my hope-to-be 'debut' novel. Reviews are appreciated!