The Staircase To Heaven | Teen Ink

The Staircase To Heaven

By KathyEdmundson BRONZE, Timnath, Colorado
KathyEdmundson BRONZE, Timnath, Colorado

According to legend, every 1,000 years, a staircase appears on the cliffs of Moher. The legend says that the staircase leads to heaven and only someone with a pure heart can climb the stairs. Nobody has ever seen or climbed the stairs before, so most just think that it is a myth. One day when a girl named Gabriella who lived in a small town called Beach flowers, stumbled upon the stairs. Gabriella was very beautiful and loved to paint, and draw, and was very into photography. She was very beautiful and was 16 years old. She was very shy and preferred to be at home or outside by the cliffs. She only had one best friend named Cam who was very outgoing but understood Gabriella better the anyone. One day, Gabriella and Cam were walking along the side of the cliffs and saw a beautiful staircase. It was very tall and went all the way up to the clouds. It had flowers growing along the rims and looked very antique but was beautiful at the same time. Gabriella has never seen anything like this, so she took out her camera and took advantage of the amazing photo opportunity. She a Cam ran up to the stairs because they were afraid the stairs would disappear. Cam whispered, “I can’t believe it exists, stairway to heaven.” Gabriella asked, “Do you think we should go up it?” She has secretly always wanted an adventure for this and now that she had it, it was exciting. As a way of answering, Cam jumped up the stairs and started climbing. Gabriella quickly followed. The staircase was as warm as the sun and had a homey feeling to it. It was a long climb and she could hear and feel the wind blowing. She could see fluffy clouds and they were so close she could reach out and touch them. She even took a little taste of the clouds. They did not taste like cotton candy but were kind of salty and had the taste of rain. She continued taking photos of everything, knowing she would remember this moment forever. Gabriella was so lost in her thoughts that it startled her when Cam suddenly exclaimed, “Look, I see the end of stairs!” Gabriella looked up excitedly and saw what was at the top of the stairs. It was a door as big as a whale and it was completely gold and it was very elegant. They reached the door and it started moving! It opened its eyes and started speaking. It announced in a very deep voice that sounded very important, “Welcome to Heaven. Please state your name and the reason why you are here.”Gabriella and Cam looked at each other and both shrugged. Cam shouted, “My name is Cam and this is Gabriella and I don’t know why we are here.” The door raised a very elegant-looking eyebrow and said in wonder, “Ah, you must have climbed the stairs. Nobody has in thousands of years, Interesting.” The door said mostly to himself. The door suddenly opened and said, “You may enter, and be careful. They don’t take outsiders too kindly here.” They thanked the door and went inside. They were immediately surrounded by warm, bright light. Gabriella saw golden, tiny cottages sitting, more like sinking, into light, fluffy clouds. There were beautiful angels flying around on white wings with big, elegant feathers. A big angel came flying towards them. He said in a deep and boisterous voice, “Welcome humans to heaven. We hope that you have a fabulous time. My name is Rapheal. I will be your guide. Please, follow me.” Raphael started moving and Cam and Gabriella followed him through the bright, and winding streets. Raphael started explaining all the places and shops. Gabriella was so entranced and dazzled by all the colors, lights, and beauty. Gabriella knew that she would never leave this place. It was too beautiful to leave it.