Exploration | Teen Ink

Exploration MAG

By Anonymous

   All teenagers like to have fun during the summer. Exploration, held at Wellesley College, is a great way to do so. It gives students a productive and fun opportunity and a preview of college life, while having lots of fun.

The program offers two three-week sessions. Students take two classes a session, which meet once a day for an hour. There is a large selection of courses and everyone can find something to interest them.

There is always something to do. Many students enjoy sailing, swimming, tennis, arts and crafts and many other activities. Every night the program organizes some activity. Whether it's a dance, casino night, talent competition, or any other function, there is always a lot of fun to be had. Sometimes the program invites comedians or a band to entertain students.

The majority of the teachers at Exploration are college students themselves which makes it more fun in class and it also makes it easier for the students to relate to their teachers.

Almost every afternoon, there are optional discussion groups where students have opportunities to discuss issues such as racism, drugs in America, AIDS awareness and others.

Students come from all over the world with every state represented. Most of the international students are from Europe and South America and some students even come from Japan. Friendships made at Wellesley last for life!

The program takes students on outings into Boston. They might go to a Red Sox game or to Quincy Market or Harvard Square, to visit Harvard University.

One participant described the program as "an environment conducive to learning not only about academics, but also about life." Exploration is a great way to spend the summer. Many have gone there for many years. It's a great opportunity and I recommend it strongly. n



For more information, write: Exploration,

126 High Rock Rd., Westwood, MA 02090

(617) 329-4488