Same War, Whole New Front | Teen Ink

Same War, Whole New Front

May 19, 2009
By Anh Trinh BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
Anh Trinh BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Call of Duty World at War is the newest game of the series that was introduced by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. CoD: WaW takes war to a whole new front, the Pacific Theater. Not only including a whole new front, they introduced a new four player co-op that was never introduced in any of the other games included in this series, but this just wasn’t enough for Infinity Ward, they also added vehicles and a special mode known as Nazi zombies. After beating the campaign missions, the mode is unlocked and what is done is surviving numerous waves of zombies that will try to hunt you down, combined with the innovative way of unlocking prestige mode in which one achieves max level in online multiplayer action has the choice of resetting their level while getting a cooler looking icon. One cool thing about it is that Keifer Sutherland (Jack Bauer in 24) is the NPC (non-player character) for the marines. New weapons including a M2 Flamethrower has been included, as well as a whole new set of perks focused specifically on the tanks. The graphics…. Unbelievable, I can’t put it into words other than amazing. Campaign mode has acquired death cards, it’s something similar to Halo 3’s skulls but they are easier to find than skulls. One could say this is the game of the year, what about your opinion on Call of Duty World at War?