Fairy Tail | Teen Ink

Fairy Tail

Title: New Show Coming Soon Fairy Tail!

This show starts off with Lucy Hearfilia (voiced by Cherami Leigh). The real protagonist of the show comes later in the episode.
She is a wizard that can summon spirits from the zodiac to fight for her. She runs into a man by a man who calls himself Salamander. She finds out that he was popular with ladies by using a charm spell. Lucy was able to break free of it thanks to some stranger who interrupted the screaming girls, and mistook the man for some one that he knew. The stranger, Natsu Dragneel (voiced by Todd Haberkorn)

, told the girl that he was looking for a dragon that was his father. Lucy was stunned and wondered why Natsu and his talking, blue cat friend, Happy (voiced by Tia Ballard)

, thought a dragon would be in a town. She pays for Natsu and Happy’s dinner, and leaves, wondering how she could join the most famous wizard guild, Fairy Tail. As she was reading a magazine, Salamander pops out and said that he was the famous Salamander wizard from Fairy Tail. She’s shocked when he says that he’ll get her into Fairy Tail if she at least comes to his party on his boat. She arrives and realizes that he’s trying to seduce her. She tries to summon one of her spirits when she finds out that all the girls are going to be sold as slaves. Before Lucy could summon ant spirits, Bora knocked he keys out of her hands, and threw them in the ocean. When all hope seemed lost, Natsu crashes through the ceiling, but it turned out that he has a terrible case of motion sickness. Happy was able to fly because he can use magic to help him fly. Happy takes Lucy away, but his magic times out and they both fall in the ocean. While they’re in the water, Natsu is getting pummeled and is able to ask Salamander, “Fairy…Tail. You’re… a member?” Yet, before Salamander could answer, Lucy had summoned a spirit Aquarius (voiced by Jessica Cavanagh) and swept the boat back in the harbor. Natsu gets up and asks, “So, you claim to be a member of Fairy Tail?” Salamander orders one of his henchmen to deal with Natsu, but to everyone’s surprise, Natsu knows out both men with a sweep of his arm. His jacket falls off revealing his vest and an odd symbol on his shoulder. Turned out the “Salamander” was really Bora the Prominence

, posing as the famous Fairy Tail mage. Bora fires a huge ball of fire at Natsu and, for some reason, Natsu says, “Is this really fire? Because these are the nastiest flames I’ve ever tasted!” Everyone is shocked and he attacks Bora with fire and has fire all over him. Lucy gasps when someone says, “Bora, I swear I’ve seen this guy before! The spikey pink hair, the mark, the scaly looking scarf! He’s the real one!” Lucy softly says, “The real Salamander.” Natsu roars fire all over the place and while getting rid of Bora, he accidently destroyed half of the port town. The army starts to arrive and Natsu grabs Lucy and yells, “Aw crap! We got to’ go!” “Wait! Why are you taking me with you?!” Lucy yells. “Well, you wanted to join the Fairy Tail guild didn’t you? So, let’s go!” He said with a smile. Then, with that invitation to Fairy Tail, started a huge journey. The story has many large obstacles and is perfect for people who love action. There are countless fights against formidable enemies and even against each other sometimes! Then there’s the hidden romance! There are many different couples that like each other, but they most of them try to hide it. Some of the couples you would just want them to just say, “I LOVE YOU,” but they never do! Then there’s the best part… the comedy!!! There’s always a pair of rivals inside the Fairy Tail guild. The most famous is between Grey Fullbuster (voiced by Newton Pittman).

He’s an ice mage in Fairy Tail and fights Natsu Dragneel all the time. There has only been two people who could get those two to shut up, Erza “Titania” Scarlet, (voiced by Colleen Clinkenbeard), and Makarov Dreyar (voiced by Bruce Elliott).

The voice acting is amazing because they put so much emotion in their voices, and their actual voices are so different! The story plot, the relationships, the action, and all the comedy combined. What more could you want?! The creator of Fairy Tail, Hiro Mashima, clearly knew what people wanted to watch.

This show is an anime and if you don’t know anime is look it up and find out if it’s right for you. Most people who watch Fairy Tail really enjoy it, but remember most of the viewers are in high school. If you are eleven and below, get your parents’ permission before you watch it. You could also just watch it while your parents are gone, but no, ask for permission first! Most of the viewers are also girls, but there might be some boys. I personally enjoy Fairy Tail and think that it’s an amazing show, but it can be a bit excessive on certain things (look up anime if you want to know more). I really recommend this because it’s more than just fighting, comedy, and romance. It shows you to be loyal to friends, stand up to people, and care for others. So you see, anime is more than just a show or manga isn’t just a book. I have never seen an anime that had no deep meaning or an important lesson. Yes, some parts are a bit inappropriate, but there is a reason that most of the viewers are in high school and middle school. Only the first forty eight episodes of Fairy Tail are in English and can only be found in iTunes and the internet. The rest are in Japanese because it’s originally from Japan. I got stuck on this show the moment I first saw it and am currently on episode 93 and there are about 200-300 episodes, so it’s probably for the one’s really into it. The first 48 are great and I really recommend it!