8 Simple Rules | Teen Ink

8 Simple Rules

Have you ever seen those picture perfect families? Don’t you just hate them? Well this family of 5 is defiantly not what you would expect! 2 woman and 3 guys there has to be some problems. “8 Simple Rules” comes on weekdays at 6:00 and 6:30 on ABC Family. “8 Simple Rules” is the most hilarious show you will ever see because its crazy fun, the characters are the most realistic family on T.V., and there are hardly any boring scenes!

The family fights like most families do. I mean come on teenage sisters sharing the same room with an annoying little brother barging in every ten seconds. Plus you can’t forget mom and dad trying to teach their children life long lessons. The Henisy family lives in Michigan, where the action takes place at school, the mall, or home.

This loving yet disastrous family consists of: Paul Henisy who is a husband, and a dad who is very overprotective of his children. Kate Henisy who is Paul’s wife, mom and she just goes with the flow. Brigitte H. she is the oldest of 3 and a total prep.
Karri H. she is the middle child and a mood bomb. Rory H. he is the youngest and in his awkward stage. Everyone is likeable, you could relate to anyone!

The writing is impeccable, because the fights don’t go unnoticed. In one episode Brigitte and Karri are fighting over a guy. (This guy just happens to be Brigitte Ex boyfriend.) “He is MY ex! I had him first!” screams Brigitte. “You dumped him! Now why can’t I have him?” retorts Karri. When the sisters stop speaking mom and dad jump in, trying to convince their girls that some guy is no reason to stop speaking. If the writers had been smart, they would have stopped the show with the fight and made it “to be continued”. The Henisy’s act as is they really were family.

“8 simple Rules” is well worth your time because of the uncontrollable family, the realistic characters, and the fun in every scene! Why wouldn’t you want to watch a show like this? So shoot home. Turn on you T.V. and laugh until you pee yourself and then some!

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Um, there TWO guys and THREE girls!

This is my absolute favorite comedy! I love it!!