Teen Wolf | Teen Ink

Teen Wolf

By KatlinW BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
KatlinW BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia

“Teen Wolf” is the show of the decade for teenagers and young adults featuring unrealistic situations, yet relatable characters. “Teen Wolf” ‘s leading actor Scott McCall played by Tyler Posey begins in season one as a benchwarmer on his high school lacrosse team, until he and his curious best friend and fellow bench warmer Stlies Stilinski played by Dylan O'Brien venture into the woods in search of a missing girl. While in the woods, Scott gets bitten by a werewolf, which as a result turns him into one. He then has to struggle with his werewolf side, along with trying to deal with everyday teenage problems, such as romantic interest Allison Argent, played by Crystal Reed.

Alison’s family hunts werewolves, which puts a Romeo and Juliet spin on their romantic life. Meanwhile, new Alpha Derek Hale played by Tyler Hoechlin tries to expand his pack when he discovers Scott. Derek uses many resources to try to get Scott to join his pack the more members of a pack the stronger they are individually, as well as a group.
Recently the plot has shifted, in season three, a new pack of all alphas come into town. Although everyone at first believes the Alpha pack wants Derek to join their pack they have really come for Scott. Scott is discovered to be a very rare type of werewolf called a true alpha (a true alpha is a werewolf that does not have to kill someone to become an Alpha.)
During all of this, the characters struggle to find the person behind several murders; they discover the person behind the murders is a woman named Jennifer, played by Haley Webb, who is a Druid that was attempted to be killed by Callie. Jennifer was unsuccessfully killed because Callie wanted her friend to die peacefully. Jennifer dragged her dying body to the Nemeton to save her life and kills the people as sacrifices to the Nemeton which gave her the power to live. The Nemeton is a stump of an old tree that can absorb power from druid sacrifices.
The first twelve episodes of season three ended dramatically, when Scott learned that his mother, Stiles’ father, and Allison’s father are captured by Jennifer/ the Darach and placed in the Nemeton. Scott, Stiles, and Allison had to all temporarily die, so they could discover the location of the Nemeton to save their parents, which they did.
Season three will begin again for part two on January 6, 2014. Fans are foaming at the mouth because of the cliffhanger ending, when Derek's uncle Peter wants to steal Scott's alpha abilities to become an alpha again. The popular teen show was rated by IMDb , who rated “Teen Wolf” as a 7.3 out of 10. TV.com rated teen wolf as an 8.8 out of 10. My personal opinion would be a 9 out of 10 because “Teen Wolf” offers a variety of situations, it is suspenseful, it has interesting characters, and it also has an interesting plot line. Also for being a science-fiction show they demonstrate astonishing special-effects that give off a realistic vibe. The show gives a dark and suspenseful theme that keeps the audience on the edge of their seats. It’s understandable that many people are skeptical to watch another science fiction show, but I will warn you, once you start watching this television series you will not be able to stop! Like most fans I am sad about the wait, but I hope season three part two will be as good as or better than the first 12 episodes.

I truly love this show and hope everyone will want to give it a chance.