American Idol | Teen Ink

American Idol

By Marberry95 BRONZE, LaSalle, Illinois
Marberry95 BRONZE, LaSalle, Illinois

Hello,

My name is Marhi and I'd like to discuss an issue that I feel needs to become known.

There are many talent competitions throughout the world, such as American Idol, America's Got Talent, and Britain's Got Talent. I watch quite a few of these shows, but when I watched American Idol last season, I was extremely disappointed.

I sat there on my couch in front of the television, just waiting for them to state the winning contestant. I thought I knew exactly whose name was going to be called. I knew the true winner. I bit down on my bottom lip in anticipation.

“And the winner is . . . Kris Allen!” the host called and my jaw nearly in the floor. My mouth was gaping open with disappointment.

It was completely obvious that Adam Lambert had one of the strongest voices you could ever come into hearing range with. Kris Allen was a good singer, don't get me wrong, but Adam Lambert was a great singer.

I believe that the reason the wonderful Adam has lost the life changing competition was because he had come out with his sexuality during the competition. He is a homosexual and I'm glad to say that he's proud of that.

The photos that were exploited were simply of a young man having fun. I have three older cousins that party and act like idiots just as he was. Please, don't blame an incredible young man for having fun.

Even with the unfair voting results, I'm glad that Adam came in second place. If he had won, Kris Allen wouldn't have gotten his chance. They would have tossed him to the side and everything would revolve around Adam Lambert. He didn't deserve to win, but it turned out that way for a reason.

What inspired me to write this article was a couple of hours ago, I was poking around on YouTube and I ran across Adam's Lambert's performance of 'Mad World' by Gary Jules. His voice...moved me in a way that nobody can ever understand. I thought to myself "Why would Kris Allen be able to beat that?" but I was happy he got his chance at a wonderful life.

BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

GO AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

I agree whioth you Adam Lambert was the better singer that Kris i don't think he was that good but everyone thinks ADAM is great I think it was played out i think they chose Kris out of self pitty!

BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

American Idol is awesome!!! But there is a problem I don't like how people come on the show adn they suck its so old!!! And Simon I could see why you are leaving next season peopel are outragious!!!!!!!!! And people comeone listen to yourself if your not good and you think you are comeone get yoiur hearing checked!!!!!!!!!!!!!People who have talent don't go through an dits so weird!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask people on the street do i sound good if they say no just leave it at that!